New Players and Getting Started

How do you upgrade a town?

Hello, I started the game 2 days ago and I don't understand what to do to upgrade my town.

Should I unlock first all common dev cards? Or should I get a certain amount of VP? Or anything else.

Thank you for your help.

Answers

• AlbaacAlbaac Member Posts: 31 ✭✭

You need the settlement upgrade card

This was relatively easy to unlock when you could get 100 research points for throwing dice. However now that’s ten times harder this could be a game killer for a new start.

@Dora thoughts?

• DoraDora Member Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

There’s a couple of issues I see for new players:

The randomness of the cards dealt to choose from could mean that you end up with only markets at the beginning and a long slow painful RP grind to get to cards that you can play that have more levels (markets only upgrade to level 2.)

Ideally you’d want to unlock Monument, Storehouse, Bell Tower, Settlement Upgrade, and the two markets for resources that aren’t in your active playing cell in the first four week season. Settlement upgrades are pointless if you can’t unlock enough buildings to grow your settlement, but you need it for the contribute 10 quest.

The problem is both Bell Tower and Storehouse don’t seem to give the correct rewards so they become pointless to craft after playing the first card so may as well just pick up free ones from shrubs etc.

A new player is going to need to grind RP. I’d personally unlock only the bare minimum of commons so you can move onto the uncommons and can at least grow a settlement to village and have a few more options.

In saying that, I’ve done around 50k RP since the nerf so it’s not like it’s hard to come by. I’ve gone casual for the last week or two until some of the bugs are addressed. The resources not syncing issue and lack of rewards has put me right off for now.

• SchnuefuSchnuefu Member Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

To be most useful you should first aim to unlock the settlement upgrade card and monument. destroy all the other cards to gain RP to upgrade these two first. This way you can help growing tiles and tiers of settlements and highlevel players place better buildings which you can use too. if you place markets and bell towers on *-tiles it destroys the tactics of high level palyers. also aim for RP in minigames and ignore resources. destroying dev cards unlocks a card for the godlen settlement which gives you on tap every 4hs 50 RP with uncommn cards aim for staple houses and rare ones later on aim for the ressource buildings. shred cranes and belltowers and libraries for RP because they clogg up building spots for better buildings. You can place them in regions where noone iof your faction needs to win. but ask in ingame chats and discord.