Strategy and Gameplay

Maxed Settlement Challenge

DoraDora Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

To keep things interesting this season a few of us had a separate side challenge to see if we could max out a settlement. 510 VP is the highest you can currently get.

This is my contribution which took 15 days solo.

Comments

• MiraggenMiraggen Member Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

What a beautiful image, visually the game looks really beautiful and pleasant.

• AlbaacAlbaac Member Posts: 26 ✭✭

Jealous of all your rare buildings and quality building placement. Shame about the red wolf 😜 What those local bears up too?

• DoraDora Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

Haha, I did this on an out of the way settlement because I wanted to do it solo. Leaving the more central ones for lower level players so they can contribute something to the overall VP score.

• SkindogSkindog Member Posts: 85 ✭✭

I've just finished another one in the same cell as @Dora. Am also trying to finish one as more of a team contribution in the Wellington City cell, but nobody's helping me out. So I guess I can just focus on that one now!

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 215 ✭✭✭

Wow; that is some serious effort there team - well done Wolves.

Though @Dora I thought you were playing casually? (per another comment)

I haven't opened the game in a week

• DoraDora Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

That is casual play 😂 I had the challenge to complete and have barely played it since. The weather is rubbish and there isn’t anything to motivate me enough to go out and play it.

My current issue: I have very little to aim for (no rewards, don’t know what the next level for badge requirements is, no mayoralties happening.)

Next season I’ll be aiming to get a couple of Catanians to the next friendship level.

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 215 ✭✭✭

@Dora "My current issue: I have very little to aim for (no rewards, don’t know what the next level for badge requirements is, no mayoralties happening."

You summed it up well. I thought I might reopen the game at the end of the season for the 2/3/4x rewards from dice throw games as the only activity for me to do in the game is collect RP for my last card unlock, randomly collect XP (anyone know the max level?) and run around helping Catanians with their quests.

Pretty sure I can play without the need to even enter a settlement.

The admins have gone super quiet on all of the concerns.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited September 16

I hope the game stays relatively simple like that. Going to places, building things in your own rhythm, getting levels and Catanians. PoGo and HPWU are already too full of all kinds of side stuff so normal gameplay is almost nonexistent.

• SkindogSkindog Member Posts: 85 ✭✭

Second one for me this season. Had a couple of other players who might have contributed about 20 VP between them (plus 50 VP that they got after I left the monument at L49 overnight haha).

• BATTFAMBATTFAM Member Posts: 6 ✭✭

On these 510 settlements, what is the buildings you are placing on the * hexs?

I'm keen to know if there is a best practice template to get 510?