News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Show & Tell: Your favorite Resource Center or Settlement

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 56 Community Manager, Global
edited September 17 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorers,

We are hoping you are exploring the world, harvesting resources and having fun!

We have an exciting series of forum posts lined up for the next few weeks, including more Developer Spotlights and opportunities for you – our awesome beta players – to deliver feedback and shape the future of the game.

This time we would love to see your favorite in-game location that you have visited while playing CATAN – World Explorers. Share a screenshot of this Resource Center or Settlement and let us know why this spot is special to you!

I’ll start with my local favorite spot. It’s the Guardian Angel. It is right on top of the local boardgame shop, which lies on my regular walkway, when I’m out collecting resources. I just love to check-in to see if they got something new. 😅 

Yours

Dominik and the CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANdominik on

Comments

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    edited September 9

@CATANdominik, you bring spotlights and opportunities for beta players during upcoming weeks.

Does that mean that it’s still for beta players only during that whole period?

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 56 Community Manager, Global

@AjanHukka At this point I can't give you any information about the duration of the beta.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 281 ✭✭✭

Now with the new mini-map feature I’m able to see which wayspots will be in the game in the future when it is released here too. So this gorgeous statue will be there too.

It still has a bit incorrect name as that’s not the real name of the statue but rather something that some Ingress player came up with years ago when submitted it. I guess some day I have that as a resource center/settlement with it’s real name when I get the edit through. 😊

• DoraDora Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

I’ve been adding wayspots via Ingress remote submissions to a local national park as there’s no cell network there.

Haven’t been able to play there yet (cell tower meant to be installed in 2020 but then the world fell apart so it’s delayed.)

With the addition of totems I now can 😊 This is one of my faves.