News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Player Poll: What’s your favorite Personal Settlement building?

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 24 Community Manager, Global

Greetings Explorers!

Today we are interested in hearing your feedback about Personal Settlements. We would like to know which Personal Settlement building is your favorite – and why? Please let us know if you have any suggestions to improve this important part of CATAN – World Explorers. We would also be interested to know what kind of rewards you would prefer from your personal settlement: Resources, RP, XP, Gold, Mini Games or Development Cards? Let us know in the comments.

For reference, here are the reward details for each building at level 1:

• Community Center – Reward: 150 resource tokens (when rolled)
  • Archive – Reward: 25 RP (when rolled)
  • Storehouse – Reward: 1 Random Resource Card  (1 day cooldown)
  • Grand Treasury – Reward: 2 Gold (when rolled)
  • Town Plaza – Reward: 500 XP (when rolled)
  • Library – Reward: 25 RP and 100 XP (when rolled)
  • University – Reward: 50 RP (1 day cooldown)
  • Weaver – Reward: 1500 XP (1 day cooldown)
  • Mint – Reward: 2 Gold (1 day cooldown)
  • Resource Charging Buildings, i.e. Lumber Market, Brick Market, Wool Market, Ore Market, Grain Market – Reward: 1 Mini Game (4 day cooldown)
  • Resource Generating Buildings, i.e. Lumber Mill, Brick Kiln, Wool Storage, Ore Foundry, Grain Silo – Reward: 50 Ressource Tokens (when rolled)

Yours

Dominik and the CATAN – World Explorers Team

Player Poll: What’s your favorite Personal Settlement building? 24 votes

Community Center
25%
DoraCataniusAlbaacBATTFAMFresspapaKey 6 votes
Archive
4%
Rouge 1 vote
Storehouse
0%
Grand Treasury
16%
FiddleheadNZMikey007Chnobulus 4 votes
Town Plaza
33%
CATANSkylerSkindogEzioMentoreSmartGeniusFulmynIAmXenosKduado3bigfr0g 8 votes
Library
4%
CMDR 1 vote
University
0%
Weaver
12%
FridaKateskiwNytstar 3 votes
Mint
4%
sylfis 1 vote

Comments

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

Beware, now they are going to find out the especially good building and soon they will nerf it. 😁🤔🙉

• SkindogSkindog Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    Town Plaza

There are a couple of good ones (Town Plaza, Community Center), but a lot of pointless ones.

The Grand Treasury and Mint are essentially pointless, because the gold won at them contributes towards the daily cap. I would build them if they counted past the cap, but because I play enough to get the the cap every day I don't need them.

The resource generating buildings are so much worse than the Community Center that I haven't bothered building them.

The daily regenerating ones are ok, but if starting again I would focus my gold on increasing inventory limits before building them. I've built some of them because I have space available, and 50 gold seemed a small amount at the time.

The prohibitive cost is expanding the size. I feel that the tiles shouldn't get more expensive than 250, and at n^3 they become really expensive too soon, so I only have most buildings touching one hexagon, meaning there's a very little chance of me rolling a number with something on it.

• EzioMentoreEzioMentore Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Town Plaza

Of course - it is the best one. I think so

• IAmXenosIAmXenos Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Town Plaza

I would like a building which increases your max free gold limit for a day. maybe +10 free gold per building level or something in that direction?

• EzioMentoreEzioMentore Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Town Plaza

But I think, a big Probleme is that many People are waiting of the german translation.

They don't know, what you want and so they can't write something about.

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 280 ✭✭✭

Community Center followed by Weaver and Town Plaza.

My biggest issue is that the free gold I get from my personal settlement is counted towards the 50 max free gold a day; I can hit that limit very easy with a few dice toss games and so there is no reason to expand my personal settlement to include anything that generates gold.

And speaking of gold - it is just so expensive to expand and place stuff in my personal settlement.

In fact, take what @Skindog said and make that my comment :-)

• FiddleheadNZFiddleheadNZ Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Grand Treasury

@CATANdominik

I have voted for the Grand Treasury because I believe its planned purpose is as a choice to build when a player wants to prioritise daily gold generation.

This personal investment choice needs to be validated in game, by correcting the negative inclusion of it within a daily play “free gold“ limit.

Otherwise the Town Plaza and Community Hall are the next priorities for obvious reasons.

Gold earnings from your personal settlement should not impact on your “free daily gold limit” played for during game play.

Building your personal settlement takes investment (requiring a lot of gold over time) and so the earnings gained from building up this are not “free gold”.

• FresspapaFresspapa Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Community Center

Im torn between town plaza and community center. Mainly as I have not been able to upgrade the community center yet. The thinking is, xp helps leveling up and that gives RP, but resources are what makes the game fun, so getting more resources every 6h helps with getting settlements upgraded. As leveling up will take more and more xp as the levels increase, im going to see less and less gain from the town plaza.