Game Feedback

Share your comments and suggestions to improve the game

Crafting cards defaults to max possible

SkindogSkindog Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
edited October 6 in Game Feedback

Before v1.12.3 when you crafted cards, the counter that selects how many cards to craft started on 1. In the latest update, it defaults to the max available to craft.

This is very rarely useful - most of the time, I just want to craft 1-6 cards. Only on the odd occasion would I be using all of my available resources to craft the max of one dev card type.

If for example I have a full inventory (150, or x30 of each resource), and want to craft a monument card to get below the resource card cap, I go into the monument card, and it defaults to crafting 30 cards. I then have to hit the minus button 29 times to get it down to 1.

A better option would be to have << and >> in the menu beside the + and - to jump to max/min crafting.

Galaxy S9, v1.12.3

Post edited by CATANFiona on
8 votes

Comments

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 52 ✭✭

Why not let to 1 and add a "select max" button ?

• FiddleheadNZFiddleheadNZ Member Posts: 29 ✭✭

@CATANFiona

Completely agree with @Skindog that this is a seriously annoying new modification to the game I have been happily playing for 3 1/2 months.

Really disappointed to hear this may be an “intended experience”.

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 280 ✭✭✭

This season I am not interacting with settlements, so the change doesn't impact me.

However I agree with @Skindog and @FiddleheadNZ

• BATTFAMBATTFAM Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

I also agree with skin dog. Default to 1 and button to max up.

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 24 Community Manager, Global

We initially got feedback from the community that they want the maximum to be the default. Though, that seems to be only half the truth, as it shows now. We are looking into a better solution as Fiona has said.

• HelliardHelliard Member Posts: 6 ✭✭

I've accidentally crafted the max a few times as well and then left short on resources for other activities. I should have checked the button more carefully, but crafting 1 by default would help avoid this.

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 24 Community Manager, Global
    edited October 15

We have started a poll to get some more feedback on the topic.

Post edited by CATANdominik on