Strategy and Gameplay

Gold too tight?

SSSputnikSSSputnik Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

I get Niantic wanting to make cash.

However the free daily gold limit could be tweaked a bit? If I want to play with my totem, I (normally) need to buy totem points, at the rate I am going, my golds decreasing, not increasing.

Could the daily free gold be tweaked up a little?

Comments

• MiraggenMiraggen Member Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

@CATANdominik @CATANSkyler

The use of Totem will be fundamental in the game, as many do not have that much time to travel the world exploring or due to insecurity in certain places. This system could be a little cheaper and less aggressive towards the players.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

I seriously hope that the totem is not made any more advantagous that it is right now. The game should be about going out and playing. Totem is just a minor helper that makes some things for you when it is difficult. It does its job well right now. Would be annoying if people could do many things just from their couch while other player is actually playing.

Gold, that’s very different question however. Costs of personal settlement are rather high so I think developers might want to reconsider the limit in the future (to rise to 100 for example that we used to get in PoGo). But that’s developers’ and designers’s choice. I’m happy if you actually continue to observe it in the future and react if necessary. @CATANdominik, @CATANSkyler

@AjanHukka

Yes! I agree, I refer more to the issue of paying to have totems. Let this system be fair to everyone, as it will be worthless if players with more money can use the system infinitely and the free ones only a few times a day.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

@Miraggen, ah I see what you mean.

But no, they cannot, one can only buy up to 10 tokens per day.

@AjanHukka

Thanks for the info! I enjoyed reading this news. I think PGO is totally unbalanced with the distance pass system where players who can buy hundreds of passes. This created an abyss there between the paying and free players.

• Warfy5Warfy5 Member Posts: 1

Yeah seems pretty slow going with the free gold on the settlement, considering second level buildings are 250 coins. I haven't spent any money on the game since it's still 1/2 in pre release. But even so, I wouldn't be paying for coins at the moment because all the prices seem high.