Off-Topic

What is the idea with the regions?

SnoopyzellSnoopyzell Member Posts: 22 ✭✭

I've just been away for a weeks holiday... Going for great walks around the country ... Discovering new settlements everywhere. However the scoring system doesn't make it much fun as every thing was out side of my scoring area... What is the point of being a settler and exploring if the points don't count? I got personal VP but nothing for my group unless I used my totem to send things back home. I'm not quite sure what the point of the regions are...

Some areas in my local city, where everyone in the city goes to exercise is another factions colour, so they get all the huge resources and benefits...

Many things with this concept seem to go against the whole concept of exploring, and are also really unbalanced.

Comments

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

Isn’t the global score affected by anything you do, anywhere you do.

Then everything you do on that other region affects that regions score and so on. Makes perfect sense. It works pretty much like in Ingress.

• SnoopyzellSnoopyzell Member Posts: 22 ✭✭

It doesn't register for the other region as it's outside of your local region. Only registers for the global.

I don't compare this game to ingress as I haven't played it. I compare it to the board game Catan which it's supposed to be similar to hence the name of the game... And the regions don't make any sense for game play.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

This is just a AR game with Catan theme, not exactly a copy of Settler of Catan.

Think about a platformer hero games. There may be platformer games, there may be kart games. They have a similar relation.

Local areas to compete against other teams are very profound part of gameplay.