New Players and Getting Started

Who becomes mayor of the settlement?

When in a settlement, there is the word mayor in the bottom left. What does it mean? My husband also has it in the same town. Does it do anything?

Comments

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

More than a few @CATANGarfield

The mayor system is completely broken

@Suzyau66 When the system did work, becoming mayor gave you additional boost cards for every settlement you were mayor in (however these stopped arriving) and in theory you could play harvest dice at settlements every 5 hours rather than every 6 (but this never worked and was removed)

• CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

@fiyahflash @CATANGarfield i posted a post about a location in my neighbourhood which is still a settlement, where there is no mayor even though there clearly should have one. Hope it gets looked into.

on a seperate note, was hoping to be mayor at least for one location (contributed regularly to 4 in the neighbourhood, and a few at other locations) but 2 of the places i contributed to disppeared (one of them got to lvl 99!) and only became resource center :(

• SerendipSerendip Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

Is this still bugged? None of the settlements I contributed to even had a Mayor.

The one I contributed to most in the couple of weeks I was playing was 36-6-0.

Should there, theoretically, have been a Mayor there?

@Serendip

i suppose its still bugged. Went out and about and saw a few places with mayors, the places i contributed mostly had no mayor at all :(

Also i noticed a new settlement has a mayor (was just a resource center last week) how does tt mayor get elected? The one who first roll the dice on the settlement?

@Charmq I have no idea how they work either. I keep thinking I've missed some help text or a tutorial somewhere, but I can't find anything.

However, in a bizarre turn of events I am now Mayor in one of my cities. I have no idea if this means I need to do anything or if it provides benefits, or what. Hopefully, I'll find out.

@Serendip any benefits? Or just bragging rights? Were u notified by a notification or u noticed it when u went pass?

@Charmq

1. Don't know.

2. I assume so at this stage

3. No notification. I just noticed the next time I was there.

I really don't know much at all, sorry!

edited October 2020

@Serendip No prob. I spotted myself at a settlement that i rarely go to. No benefits it seems. Haha. Maybe something comes around next week? Lol

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

As I mentioned above, the benefits of becoming Mayor have been removed with no reason posted as to why.

Tt’s sad coz its my first time playing a new season.