News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Player Poll: Default Counter Option for Crafting Cards

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 95 Community Manager, Global
edited October 2020 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorers,

One of the higher ranked feedback posts in the forum is about the default mode for crafting cards. In the current version of the game the counter suggests the maximum number of buildings you are able to craft as the default option. The comments in the feedback post suggest that most of you would prefer the default to be changed to 1.

The funny thing is: During our internal alpha testing we  saw the opposite feedback,  asking us to change the default from 1 to the maximum – which we did. It looks like this preference is not as clear cut as we thought. 

A solution seems easy: Let’s do a poll to figure out your favorite option!

Yours

Dominik and the CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANdominik on

Player Poll: Default Counter Option for Crafting Cards 70 votes

The crafting default should be 1.
62%
AjanHukkaSkindogGoodMorningBabyRTC1theChandifiyahflashFiddleheadNZMikeyEuroaad10noelhoHarbingerEzioMentoreSnoopyzellBATTFAMFresspapaKduado3YooooLRedbirdSchnuefu 44 votes
The crafting default should be the maximum.
20%
MiraggenxFairyBabexTravito80IAmXenosProfessorTranDengueeebeaveryM42GaLaReNLopokinNdorfynKramyHejmdalDerwent 14 votes
Other (Further explanation in comments)
17%
GrogyanVampCataniusSamNZ999LexlianaKveldulfrPHOTOXEifelCharmqMykancaitie68SirRaffles 12 votes

Comments

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 95 Community Manager, Global

An image of the screen in question:

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭

Default should be 1

HOWEVER, the issue is sometimes I want to craft all I have resources for something instantly.

Perhaps an option to make all that is required for a settlement when you are at the settlement.

• MiraggenMiraggen Member Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

@PHOTOX

Very good suggestion, something that we already see in other games with manufacturing system. 👋

• PHOTOXPHOTOX Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

@Fresspapa 100% agree on dice game. Should let you replay exact same type, then if unavailable, go back to bag.

• EifelEifel Member Posts: 12 ✭✭

Hi Everyone

Min. or max. i think both is not the sweet Spot. As different Buildings need more or less Cards i would suggest to make the default to one lvl of the Building and to increase the amount of crafted Cards one lvl of the Building is added.

Wanted Building Card increase:

• Default: 1 Building lvl
    • Increase ammount: 1 Building lvl, 1 Card and max Possible Option
    • Decrease ammoumt: 1 Card

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

@Miraggen You even didn't play for now... How could you say it's a very good suggestion to have the default crafting at "max"? Be serious guy and wait until game will be released in your country to judge what is needed for players.

• SamNZ999SamNZ999 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

Default to the number needed to level up the building.

@SamNZ999 could only works if you craft from settlement. What about if you craft in inventory?

• CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 112 ✭✭✭

im surprised its a concern... lol. If its at max, i would need to decrease it manually and vice versa. Either way i’ll be tap tap tapping along. Haha.

perhaps make it an option in settings so you could choose whichever yr preferred gameplay setting, default min or max.

@Catanius

😵 Hello friend, wouldn't it be better to defend your arguments without trying to belittle or offend your fellow players? If you have an opinion, leave it here clearly so that everyone can read and reflect. I guarantee that this is a more gratified attitude than complaining about who plays the game or not.

edited October 2020

@Miraggen The 10th post is my opinion about the question

@Catanius

Congratulations on your suggestion.

Stick to it without offending or diminishing your gaming friends ok?

• LysaraBlackwoodLysaraBlackwood Member Posts: 45 ✭✭

I think either is fine, but make it easy to go back & forth from max to 1 by scrolling backwards continuously from 1 to the max, & upwards from the max to one.

(A bit like a card game where the Ace can be either high or low & you can even count upwards Q K A 1 2 3...

• caitie68caitie68 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

Which ever option is chosen, maybe also slightly bigger buttons so it's slightly easy to do?

• HejmdalHejmdal Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited January 18

Voted other (I sure I hit other but it looks like I'm counted as max??)

I see 2 different cases, if inside a building I think the best would be the amount needed to reach next level.

If the building is at the max level or crafting from the backpack the most cards possible.

• CatAnDogCatAnDog Member Posts: 20 ✭✭

Like @LysaraBlackwood suggestion, with maximum as the initial value.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    The crafting default should be 1.

@CATANdominik, are these polls going to affect the actual features in the game and in which schedule?