News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Player Poll: Default Counter Option for Crafting Cards

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 24 Community Manager, Global

Greetings Explorers,

One of the higher ranked feedback posts in the forum is about the default mode for crafting cards. In the current version of the game the counter suggests the maximum number of buildings you are able to craft as the default option. The comments in the feedback post suggest that most of you would prefer the default to be changed to 1.

The funny thing is: During our internal alpha testing we  saw the opposite feedback,  asking us to change the default from 1 to the maximum – which we did. It looks like this preference is not as clear cut as we thought. 

A solution seems easy: Let’s do a poll to figure out your favorite option!

Yours

Dominik and the CATAN – World Explorers Team

Player Poll: Default Counter Option for Crafting Cards 45 votes

The crafting default should be 1.
66%
AjanHukkaSkindogGoodMorningBabyMikeyEuroaad10HarbingerEzioMentoreSnoopyzellBATTFAMFresspapaKduado3YooooLSchnuefubluesfemmeKneelB4yourgodHelliardEinreColoniusSirGYM 30 votes
The crafting default should be the maximum.
20%
MiraggenxFairyBabexTravito80IAmXenosProfessorTranDengueeebeaveryGaLaReNLopokin 9 votes
Other (Further explanation in comments)
13%
GrogyanDanuLexlianaKveldulfrPHOTOXEifel 6 votes

Comments

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 24 Community Manager, Global

An image of the screen in question:

• DanuDanu Member Posts: 6 ✭✭

As said above, 1 as the default but an option to auto fill the max.

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

Default should be 1

HOWEVER, the issue is sometimes I want to craft all I have resources for something instantly.

Perhaps an option to make all that is required for a settlement when you are at the settlement.

• PHOTOXPHOTOX Member Posts: 17 ✭✭

Default 1 with button for Max

• MiraggenMiraggen Member Posts: 61 ✭✭✭
    The crafting default should be the maximum.

@PHOTOX

Very good suggestion, something that we already see in other games with manufacturing system. 👋

• FresspapaFresspapa Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    The crafting default should be 1.

Actually i could not care less. Small nuisance. I find the default suggestions for my next mini dice toss game much more annoying. Default should either be of a card of the same type or go to the backpack

• PHOTOXPHOTOX Member Posts: 17 ✭✭

@Fresspapa 100% agree on dice game. Should let you replay exact same type, then if unavailable, go back to bag.

• EifelEifel Member Posts: 5

Hi Everyone

Min. or max. i think both is not the sweet Spot. As different Buildings need more or less Cards i would suggest to make the default to one lvl of the Building and to increase the amount of crafted Cards one lvl of the Building is added.

Wanted Building Card increase:

• Default: 1 Building lvl
    • Increase ammount: 1 Building lvl, 1 Card and max Possible Option
    • Decrease ammoumt: 1 Card