Game Feedback

Share your comments and suggestions to improve the game

Is there a winning bonus at season end?

EifelEifel Member Posts: 12 ✭✭

Hey hey

Im new to Catan and just finished my first season. Now after Claiming the 10 Totem paws im Thinking about if that was all. Do all Faction got this and if yes why is there no Winning Bonus?

Now im asking myself what should encourage People to score Points for the Local or Global leader Board when there are no Benefits if doing so? I have no clue why i should score in season 7 when i can just Play for my advance and have lot better benefits of it.

9 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 321 ✭✭✭

Winning the season is the primary goal of the game. Is there really a need for separate rewards?

• EifelEifel Member Posts: 12 ✭✭

First i wanted to respond sarcastic but nah i give you that cookie for free.

I Personaly Play Games because i dont know what to do with my Time and **** i do it allready... Sarcastic off!

No really, why do we Play Games?

We Play Games because we want to Win. Winning is really satisfying but why we want to Win? To go out and Show others look look we won in a Game? I dont think so and most ones you will tell about it even are not a bit interested in it.

So now we know only Players are interested when it comes to the Results of an Season. Then lets take the next step: For example esports why does it give Prizes? I think it was implemented to define Playing no more as Waste of Time. Here i see it the same Way If i have nothing to Win at the End except a Picture and on Top all get an Reward it's like a Slap in a Winners face and the Satisfaction turns into pure Waste of Time.

Now lets look deeper into it why it possibly is as we have it now. Possibly the Playerbase is so small they can't afford to loose Players caused by Loosing seasons in a row and so getting no nice Rewards at the end. But keep in mind: at the othere extreme it will turn out the same Way if it stays as it is.

For example my Picture:

As you see i really put an Effort into the Game to Win. And it's cool to see Top 10 but it's just a Picture.

I hope some people see the Point and actually Upvote it. to get it heard too by the mods.

Greets Eifel

I get your point. There should be something that shows players results’ mark in history.

In Ingress we don’t have any rewards, it’s just victory/defeat in ones region. But there we at least havevthe history and leaderboards visible.

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

From: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/catan-world-explorers/?p=web&s=getting-started&f=what-happens-after-a-season-ends&l=en

What do I get for completing a season?

• All players earn a bronze, silver, or gold season badge depending on how their faction places
    • Certain Badges are also awarded for completing objectives within a season
    • Boosts are rewarded at the end of a season

No we don't

No we don't

Sometimes, only if they decided to - they didn't in Season 4 and are totem tokens considered boosts now?

This page has been heavily changed since I started playing and it used to talk about gaining other things like XP as well. In one of the threads I read, one of the Niantic team admitted the back end function for awarding anything at the end of the season wasn't built yet

"Hi There,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. Functionality to reward winning teams is not built into the game yet. The past few seasons we tried out sending boost bundles to all teams to celebrate the end of the season and to make the start of the new season exciting for all players. We decided not to send bundles out this season.

That being said, you are right. There should be rewards for winners. We are re-prioritizing adding a reward system to the game as soon as possible, so stay tuned.

As always we appreciate your feedback!"

From 29th August

With no rewards for playing, why play? In Season 5 I gave up after a few days and in Season 6 I didn't contribute to any settlements because "why bother". Until Niantic actually rewards people for playing and winning, I can't see myself playing and if I am not playing then I am unlikely to be checking in to see if anything has been fixed.

edited October 2020

So, I guess there’s a reason why the game is still in beta and not released. It’s not ready, and you are just testers.

So if it was global many people would have rage quitted already. 😉

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 95 Community Manager, Global

@AjanHukka We want to add individualized season rewards at a certain point. We just did not get to it until now.

• LysaraBlackwoodLysaraBlackwood Member Posts: 45 ✭✭

How did you get those stats about how you went in the last season? I didn't see anything, everything was just wiped & it said zero for yesterday's stats on the first day of the current season.

• EifelEifel Member Posts: 12 ✭✭

@LysaraBlackwood When the new Season starts it shows your actions through the season. There you have to go on share.

• WeissWeiss Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November 2020

Now that the new season has started, I am interested to know what everyone or anyone has gotten as a reward for their playing of the last season.

For me, I won in my local region and came in in the top 2% for all categories, except 1. And only thing special was that my sphere of reach seems to be bigger, though I believe it is part of the game update. Otherwise, I do not think there is any special rewards.

• CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Sphere of reach probably increased for everyone. If there was some special condition or achievement to unlock it, it wasnt explained.

However the interactions seems to be more laggy (swiping resources,picking shrubs, waiting for reward on dice games etc) frustrations w building cards, changing of the card features etc

so this plus point kinda gets overshadowed by all the downsides this season.

• ShrubstaShrubsta Member Posts: 10 ✭✭

I agree individual season rewards are the way to go. I would be put off playing if it was a global or even a local reward system. You can’t help being the only yellow player in your region for instance!