Strategy and Gameplay

Show a the status of free gold

SchnuefuSchnuefu Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭

could you make a status on the map how much free gold is left to be earned?

Comments

• SerendipSerendip Member Posts: 54 ✭✭

Yes, this!

I don't know what the daily total is (somewhere between 5 and 60 is all I've been able to on it down to!), nor when the cutoff times are, nor how much I can still earn at any one time.

It's very frustrating when you take an action that earns a lot of gold (eg. via a mini-game) and you aren't credited it. It also seems arbitrary and erratic as to when it kicks in that I've hit the daily limit. I'm sure it's not as it would be governed by game algorithms, but the lack of clarity as to what is going on makes it confusing.

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 197 ✭✭✭

Could be nice 👍

• SkindogSkindog Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

If there are any plans to stick with the only 2 gold per minigame dice roll on a gold hex, this is essential. I didn't used to mind not know much, as it was really easy to hit the 50 cap with a couple of dice games. But since it now takes about 30 dice game rolls to hit the cap, it would be nice to know how close I am.

• SerendipSerendip Member Posts: 54 ✭✭

@Skindog is it now capped at 2 on dice games? When did that change happen?

• SchnuefuSchnuefu Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭

@Skindog @Skindog I only realized this today too... It used to be 10 per hex

@Serendip yes it is capped at two (not the last few days because o the x times bonus ;) ) and it happened silently around 30th of october

• CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭

can i give this post a thousand likes? from S7, it seems like the daily cap is 55 (+10 if u accept gilda hard quest gold after u hit the limit. Some milestones award gold cant rmb which so i try not to accept the rewards until i hit the limit) not sure about S8 as i havent hit the limit today :(

gold resets at midnight for me (gilda quest at 5am) for yr reference im gmt+8)

The cap seem to be 50 for S8. Shall see tmr (hopefully can hit the cap)

It seems to be 55 today??? Lol

• LybsterNeepieLybsterNeepie Member Posts: 15 ✭✭

Does the free gold cap apply to gold from harvesting Treasury buildings and if so has it always been this way? I’ve spent the whole season building up several settlements to be maxed out on treasury cards on the * hexes only now to realise I am not reaping the benefits despite harvesting each settlement 3 times a day. Did I overlook this in previous seasons and have just been stupid or has this behaviour changed recently?

the Help text states the ‘free’ gold comes from the dice rolls — which I understood to mean when the die lands on the coin — however it seems to apply to limit the building Harvest too :-(

• WindWind Member Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭

@LybsterNeepie

yeah. Only 1 settlement can have treasury on the * if you intend to hit that a few times a day and can hafe other main ones to have treasury on the good numbers

in my experience i always hit the cap with that plan with treasury as i try to avoid doing minigames to farm free gold tho

• GandalfTheWhiteGandalfTheWhite Member Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    edited March 16

In my experience (admittedly limited) the only gold not in the 'free gold' limit is the daily update and Gilda's daily quests.

Basically, all harvest dice, dice games, daily dice, Treasury, and golden settlement tiles and buildings are limited as far as I can see.

To be honest, I think that's sensible, because anything else is probably open to exploitation.

@ZigZagWanderer @LybsterNeepie also the mint (on tap 1/2/3(?) Gold) in the golden settlement

Hey i think Mint bypass the daily cap

edited April 5

The mint is on a roll, not tap, and we've definitely seen the 'exceeded the daily limit' in the golden settlement.

@GandalfTheWhite u got mixed up

Mint is on tap & grand treasury is on roll

@Wind oh, so I did. Many thanks!