Game Feedback

Share your comments and suggestions to improve the game

Rolling a 7 is catastrophic

CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in Game Feedback

Rolling a 7 at a public settlement can be good at the start of the season, because it allows players to have 2x more resources than simple hexs with *. But when you have upgraded the settlement with a few hexs and buildings, it's terrible to roll a 7. For example, tier 3 buildings allow you to get up to 1500 tokens from each resource and this is guaranteed if you place them on the hexs with *. I see 2 solutions to this problem:

- Allow to collect enemy buildings on the hexs taken into account during a 7.

- Rolling a 7 should not mean that you cannot collect the 2 hexs with * as well as the adjacent buildings.

Post edited by Catanius on
14 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭

If I understand correctly personal settlement already gives you * tiles if you roll 7. Would make sense it to happen on public settlement too.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭

This was the topic discussed in the webinar. Robber is too bad if it doesn’t give your own * tiles too. Doesn’t work as a catchup yet.

• WindWind Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭

Hey if red dice number is higher = robber, if yellow dice number is higher = your own *’s ? That would balances the 7s nicely?

• SchnuefuSchnuefu Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭

I don't see this as a problem, but you proposed some intriguing solutions @Catanius @Skindog

The dice game at settlements is probably based on Craps https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craps#:~:text=The%20fundamental%20bet%20in%20craps,as%20%22crapping%20out%22).

7 is the highest probability to be rolled. It kinda makes sense that it won't give you the best reward or even a drawback

• CoelacanthMakiCoelacanthMaki Member Posts: 15 ✭✭

For those familiar with the board game series, rolling the Robber can be a serious drag for everyone.

For example in the board games, if you have over the standard hand limit (7 for the original game, or up to 13 in Cities and Knights expansion if certain conditions are met), *all* players exceeding their limit must discard half their resources. Then, the opponents potentially have a random resource card stolen from them.

Not only could the person rolling a 7 in the board games discard half their resources, their built-up settlements don't produce.

In other words, it can be a very unfortunate event for everyone when a 7 is rolled.

However, I think the player should get to choose which spot to rob from, like in the original board games.

@CATANFiona @CATANdominik hmmm... How about you let us choose if we want to use the robber or want the *-field rewards? To implement this should be quite easy: choosing pop-up if robber then call the robber function if chosen * call the function in the golden settlement (roughly) To make this more interesting the robber should have some abilities like mentioned above, or it stays like this.

Btw it would be cool to have a reward in the minigames if you hit the robber so he falls down or even off the board 😁

• Starbright1016Starbright1016 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited December 2020

The incident of getting 7 is too high. I have had it 3 of 4 last totem runs. Not the first time this has occurred. Seems a link with hard tasks and or growing a settlement then harvesting. Really changed my opinion of amount of effort to put in. Plus I am walking in a park and all park tiles have disappeared. Lol

Statistically 7 is a 1 in 6 chance.

edited December 2020

D4mn you robber!

Lol I don't think I have been able to harvest 1 of my settlements in a few days. Had 2/3 this morning.