News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Download the official CATAN – World Explorers backgrounds for your next video call!

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 60 Community Manager, Global
edited November 6 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorers,

Exploring the world in big groups might be limited in your country right now. Though, chatting with your fellow Explorers or friends online via video chat is always a good option. And don’t forget: You can always send your Totem to explore the world for you!

Considering the current situation in the world, we believe, now is a good moment to share our CATAN – World Explorers video call backgrounds with you. Whether you are planning to chat about strategy with your fellow Explorers, play the original CATAN boardgame online, or just want to show off your passion for the game in your next business meeting: Now is the time to spice up your video calls! 

Download the official CATAN – World Explorers backgrounds below.

Follow local safety guides and keep on exploring!

Yours

Dominik & the CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANdominik on

Comments

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 283 ✭✭✭

Nice!

But now if someone sees the background and gets interested what do I say about it? 😜

I may tell that it’s this new very interesting game but certainly it would also be nice to be able to tell the asker when one is able to play it. 😃 (And I won’t tell that it’s Soon™ 😉).

• MiraggenMiraggen Member Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

@CATANdominik

👋 Great initiative! But we still don't have a public release date or plan for the game yet. So my friends will be interested and want to know more about him, but what do I say? Maybe one day it will be released here? 😵

• SchnuefuSchnuefu Member Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

@CATANdominik how about fixing some bugs instead of adding art features? 🤔🙄 by the way... Could you make a statement, why it is possible, to buy things in an app, which has still beta status...?

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 60 Community Manager, Global

@Schnuefu I wish our art and design team could fix the bugs. 😉 Though in all seriousness: Fixing bugs has a high priority for us, and an upcoming update will fix many community reported bugs.

Part of the beta is testing all mechanics of the game. This includes testing boost cards and how players will use them – and what impact their use has on the competition.

@Miraggen @AjanHukka Same here! I'm also eager for the game to launch. Though, nothing has changed: We will release the game when it is ready.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2

Indeed, @CATANdominik. It’s about fixing the most severe bugs we are perhaps most interested of. Release is better to be done only after that.

BTW, your art and design team could look at the badges and their visual appearance. 😉 That’s very dull gray/silver at the moment with all the tiers looking pretty much the same. A lot of space for improvement, especially compared to the happy and colourful overall appearance of the game, they just seem to be a little out of place.

• SchnuefuSchnuefu Member Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

@CATANdominik thanks for taking my critcism with humor and getting back to me :) the reason I poked you with the bugs is, that it is not really clear, which bugs are being handled and which reports are not really bugs (e.g. treasury building, which makes no sense at the moment) it would be nice to hear back on every bug report, if it is an actual bug, unknown, known or intended (or how it is intended to work and why maybe).

Best regards

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 60 Community Manager, Global

@Schnuefu We normally publish a list of known bugs after each update. It isn't a comprehensive list, but includes the most obvious bugs in the recent version. In addition to that we also have all the community reported bugs filed internally, even if we sometimes aren't following up on them immediately on the forum. Thanks for your input! I will bring this up with the team. I'm confidant there are some improvements we can make to communicate this.