Report a Bug

Share issues that you've found in the game

Season ended for me

Janhm73Janhm73 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭

Hello,

I just loaded the game and it prompted me that season 7 just ended, and new game would begin shortly.

Im pretty sure season hasn't ended. It also says so on the minimap,

But i still lost all my resources, all my development cards and minigames. All POI have also been reset.

Im on latest version on IOS, and i have tried restarting multiple times.

26 votes

Bug: Resolved · Last Updated

Bug #13986.

Comments

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭

I also read that other player experienced this. Quite odd that they have implemented a client side trigger to wipe players seasonal profile. It probably glitched and took effect mid season.

Should only do that on server side during the 30 min break after season ending. This is a very severe bug @CATANFiona. 😳😱

• Janhm73Janhm73 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭

Yea, support told me to reply back what i lost in cards, resources, etc. but i don't know... i just know i had more than 0.

edited October 2020

Very difficult to make a player to take account what he/she had. They maybe only have log entries of some delete statements happening when you got the glitch so they may not know about it either.

• SunEmpireSunEmpire Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

Something strange happen to my game today. Turn on app and saw that I lost all my minicard games and ongoing quests. Except for special friends quest still remain. And surrounding settlement and resource centers became unvisited. Although these places were already played. Please help. Is this bug? Will I get my game progress back?

• StewpidStewpid Member Posts: 1

This happened twice to me today as well!!

edited November 2020

When did it happen? After launching the game or after some action. Is it possible that your phone clock didn’t get time or something?

It may be something like if the phone doesn’t get time it just assumes that season has ended.

• CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 236 Admin

Hi! We are investigating this right now. If your season was reset, please write into support, we will make sure you are taken care of even if you don't remember what you had.

@Janhm73 Our agents will be reaching out to you.

Thanks for reporting this, it's a very crucial bug that we are prioritizing to fix ASAP.

Maybe disabling the whole ”wipe” functionality on the server side would be the fastest hot fix. 😅😉 (Commenting here as if I knew how it works. 😝🤪)

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 39 ✭✭

have gotten this error too just now @CATANFiona

• AlizychickAlizychick Member Posts: 7 ✭✭

Hi, yesterday while i was out playing, the season suddenly ended and it reset everything.

I lost all my development cards, mini games and resources. All the settlememts and resource centres i had seen before and visited became undiscovered (the resource type and progress at the settlements remained).

I also lost all progess on my quests including the daily one and they disappeared from my game.

I havent got any screenshots as ive only been playing less than a week and thought that the season had ended.

This happened twice for me on 7 Nov between 2-4pm AEST while i was in the Pennant Hills Train Station region. Im on Android.

Let me know if you need further details. Thanks, karen

This would urgently need some hotfix if no actual fix is possible to be done fast. 🙈

• AtlasnzlAtlasnzl Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hey I can join you in early reset, screenshoted the 'summary'

• Janhm73Janhm73 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭

Thanks for the update @CATANFiona :)

• LebleucatLebleucat Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

Mine too. Suddenly got reset after I restarted it when it hung.

• CptJackSmayCptJackSmay Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

Just got reset today. Just when I had a good collection :( for possible help to you Catan. I was in low reception point. I did have reception, but one bar. Entered a settlement and got the season end notice. No mini games, and resources wiped

• OzeagleOzeagle Member Posts: 8 ✭✭

I got reset this morning, about 26 hours before the true end of season. Lost the 50ish epic mini games I had saved for the final 4x day. Very frustrating.

• RedbirdRedbird Member Posts: 26 ✭✭

Same here when i logged in this morning 16hours left for the . All minigames, ressources, develop cards and even an not totally finishd quest gone. So much to save the full season most eoic minigames for the last day and then puff...

• RedbirdRedbird Member Posts: 26 ✭✭

Title says everything

16hrs early all cards minigames and ressources gone..

• SchnuefuSchnuefu Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭

@Redbird Di you Update to 1.20.1? There was an update this morning

• AlizychickAlizychick Member Posts: 7 ✭✭

Hi, this morning i picked a hard daily queat to complete. The end of the season erased my daily quest that I was half way through. There is no daily quest to be found anywhere. Is that meant to happen?

• daedae Member Posts: 19 ✭✭

Same issue here.

• iKiwiiKiwi Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

Same issue also

• COWSBERGCOWSBERG Member Posts: 0

Me and my friends, were playing for season 7 and clearly mine got reset way earlier then them and way before the season 7 end... all my resource and card crafted and gathered were all gone...

• CoffeeAddictMelCoffeeAddictMel Member Posts: 23 ✭✭

Same happened to me

• FiddleheadNZFiddleheadNZ Member Posts: 43 ✭✭✭

Yes this is standard procedure since start.

Current quests are lost at end of a season.

Pays to either take the instant fast reward on the last morning or to select your daily quest later in the day after the new season has started.

• iKiwiiKiwi Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

@FiddleheadNZ I wasn't aware of this being a thing as last season was the first I played through.

I haven't had a fast quest as an option for maybe a week now. I did see that this was an issue for some people also.

You would think that the game driven quests and dailies would remain and only encounter quests would disappear though.

• CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 236 Admin
    edited November 2020

Edit: Sorry, I was incorrect in my previous post, this is not intended behavior and we are investigating this issue. Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention.

Post edited by CATANFiona on
  • WindWind Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Ok..

times right now is 6:45 am and in the last 10 mins or so my game just had a season ended bug and it shuts me off from,progressing anythign. I believe this reset my inventory, my wuests and personal settlement gone back to null island?..

my account was fine at 6am doing the start of day tasks like gold dice rolls, grab golda twsk etc.....

theres goes my 10ish epic minigames im saving up

• MikeyMikey Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November 2020

This just happened to me too :(

Not sure if relevant but last night I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, in the hope of getting some new daily quests. Opened it this morning and it was fine. Opened it again about an hour later, got the season 8 end screen and everything was reset. Restarted the app and now can't get past the season end screen (share works, but the OK button does nothing).

Will try reinstalling again.

Game is working again now but I still have 0 resources etc.

• daedae Member Posts: 19 ✭✭

Bump - season ended for me too.