News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Swiping right finally pays off! The CATAN – World Explorer GIPHY channel is live!

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 60 Community Manager, Global
edited November 18 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorers,

It’s time to explore a new world: the world of GIFs! We have just launched the CATAN – World Explorers GIPHY channel.

For now we are starting with a series of 10 GIFs about harvesting resources. We are planning to release additional GIFs and Stickers in the near future. So please let us know what you would like us to add! We are thinking about a set of Fenni stickers.

Yours

Dominik and the CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANdominik on
Tagged:

Comments

• WindWind Member Posts: 48 ✭✭✭

Hey this swipe annimation annoys me to no end

only cauze i swipe left, not right

• FiddleheadNZFiddleheadNZ Member Posts: 42 ✭✭✭

Really!?!

Much rather you worked on fixing the bugs... long-standing ones especially and the new annoying constant crashing with the latest version.

These animations are just time-consuming for avid players if can’t be bypassed.

• M42M42 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭

haha that's great, the game is looking awesome so far, I know there's a long way to go though, keep up the good work.

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭

I agree with @FiddleheadNZ GIFs are not important and working on fixing bugs seems more important.

How to use these GIFs? How to get them? Do you have a tuto? I have followed the link but I can't download them. Also I have installed the app but can't find them on the app 🤷‍♂️ @CATANdominik

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 283 ✭✭✭

I think that games art team has just finished with all their current in-game work and is now working with promo content like wallpapers and these.

(I’m still looking for better in-game badge models though. 😉)

• EzioMentoreEzioMentore Member Posts: 7 ✭✭

I think it will be ok. BUT - I think it is more important to work for a " coming out " in the Countrys like Germany,USA and so on. Many People are waiting and I think , they are not lucky about the long time they must wait. There are Infos about it.

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 60 Community Manager, Global

Happy to hear you like them! Let me know if there is anything you would like us to work on next for the channel.

Just to provide more context: The team creating these kind of social media and forum graphics is not creating the in-game art, and they also are not the same people who fix the bugs. So don't worry, this kind of content is not taking away any valuable time spent on bug fixing and getting the game ready! 🙂

@Catanius The GIFs needed some time to populate on related platforms. You should now be able to find them on Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels.

• WindWind Member Posts: 48 ✭✭✭

Question for the arts team @CATANdominik Very curious whats the significant behind the colours Grey Green Blue Purple Orange for the rarity tiers and will the achivement badges ever be colour coded

• MiraggenMiraggen Member Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

I liked the publications. I am waiting for more GIFs. 😁