News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Live stream: Learn about the Future of Personal Settlements (from the Lead Designer)

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 60 Community Manager, Global
edited November 11 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorers,

The next big feature change is on the horizon. And we want to give you the opportunity to get an early glimpse of it. This time we want to introduce it to you via a video livestream, chatting with you live and giving you the chance to ask questions.

The next feature will be called Golden Settlement. And will kind of replace your Personal Settlement – but only kind of. If you want to know more, you should join our livestream. You can find all details about the event below.

When?

November 9th

• 12 am PST (US West Coast)
  • 9 am MEZ (Switzerland)
  • 8 pm NZST (New Zealand)
  • 4 pm SGT (Singapore)
  • 7 pm AET (Australia)
  • 9 am CET (Denmark)

Where?

We are running the live stream as a Zoom Webinar. You can join using this link.

The video is hosted by Dominik (Global Community Manager), who will be joined by Nate (CATAN – World Explorers Lead Designer). Together they will give a full demo of the Golden Settlement feature and stand ready to answer your questions about this change. 

Yours

Dominik and the CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANdominik on

Comments

• WindWind Member Posts: 48 ✭✭✭

Hey will u have the livestream available for viewing at a later time once its done? Thanks @CATANdominik Cant wait to hear anything new coming out of it :)

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 283 ✭✭✭

You people developing the game have always emphasized that you are working to make the game ”ready”.

Is this Golden settlement a part of that ”making ready” process or is it just something that is going to be added to the game during upcoming months after release for example?

• DafidDafid Member Posts: 11 ✭✭

Hello, 

The devs probably have planned for them but have the following been taken into account with the proposed changes?

Personal settlement upgrades: Players have spent gold upgrading their current Personal Settlement, in some cases maxed out personal settlements. Will the change devalue the personal settlement growth purchases in anyway?

Building upgrades: Players have spent gold upgrading buildings on their personal settlement, sometimes 1000 or 2500 gold. Will the changes devalue these purchases or render them as wasted gold?

Golden settlement card “Place / Move”, some players may have these in their inventory, have the changes accounted for this being a factor in the changes?

You probably have planned for all of the above but just thought I would raise them prior to the session.

Many thanks and look forward to hearing more about the changes.

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭

Just hope we will not lose all the gold invested in the personal settlement. All other things do not matter.

• LysaraBlackwoodLysaraBlackwood Member Posts: 24 ✭✭

Got a notification about this on my phone at the start time. Would like to watch now, but difficult without notice.

• KramyKramy Member Posts: 1

Has it finished already?

edited November 9

You revealed in the stream that you people are on Discord @CATANdominik.

You won’t need to hide there as you have been doing all the time till now. 😅

@CATANdominik Could we have a resume of the livestream please? Or better a YouTube link to watch all in video? Thank you

• ADAhelsingorADAhelsingor Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

Do anyone know which date the Changes should go live

Soon

That’s how it was said during the presentation.

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 288 ✭✭✭

So what was the TLDR for those who missed it

• daedae Member Posts: 10 ✭✭

Would love the vid uploaded to YouTube or a rundown of the video posted for those of us that missed it.

• SkindogSkindog Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    edited November 10

Tl;dr from last night was basically join the Discord: https://community.catanworldexplorers.com/discussion/27/discord-server

There's a summary of what they said about the Personal Settlement here:

The Golden Settlement (which used to be called the personal settlement) won't change.

• GaLaReNGaLaReN Member Posts: 12 ✭✭

Any update on sharing that Zoom link ?

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 60 Community Manager, Global

@GaLaReN @dae @fiyahflash @Catanius @LysaraBlackwood Because of popular demand I have uploaded the recording of the live stream. You can find it here.

@AjanHukka I've never been hiding it. You just never looked hard enough for me. 😉

Thank you for sharing @CATANdominik

• EifelEifel Member Posts: 12 ✭✭

@CATANdominik Thanks for sharing. But in the Video they Told us no Changes in Goldensettlement but what i see is a bit Different... The only usefull Buildings were nerved so hard that they are useless now (5x Markets/ 1x Community Building) I spent about 4k Gold to get them lvl 2 & 3. So i truly lost something... my Cash i spent in this game to Support the development. Really sad to see how you Communicate with us as we would be able to Change something and then lie straight in our Face.

I want a Refund for my Gold spent in Goldensettlement! You cant nerv Stuff and think people accept it.... Community Building gave at lvl 3 9 Cards of each ressource now it's 2 Ressource Cards each building lvl that's a game Changer with heavy impact. Markets gave out lvl 4 Games each 3 Days or so now all 24 Hours a **** lvl 2 or 3 Game Thanks for the Changes you have hidden lol. Again if you make so Big changes you have to Refund the Gold Spent. As the law in my Country says: If you bought something it's yours and no one else have the Right to manipulate it. If the Developer has to adjust something he can recall that thing... but if you dont want to give it back you keep it. isn't it the same here? I bought that things with Real Cash and you manipulate them afterwards in a way that makes it useless for me and obvious all other Players.

Again and again give us a Refund for the Gold spent in Goldensettlements. And in future don't lie straight in our Face while a livestream.