News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

A Season Well Explored!

CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 189 Admin
edited November 24 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorer! 

The sun has set on another Season in CATAN – World Explorers. Congratulations to all Factions on a fantastic effort. The final tally…

Congratulations to the WOLVES with 238,050 Victory Points! Well played, Explorers.

And now… time to reveal a whole wheelbarrow of changes for the next Season!

We are making a number of major changes in Season 8 to make each Building card play feel more impactful.

First, as mentioned, you can now score VP every time you play a Building card, not just when the Building levels up. Aside from being more intuitive, this solves a number of issues: it’s now much easier to track individual Victory Points. Additionally, it makes it much more satisfying to play those hard-earned building cards for an immediate effect!

Next, we are also making some major balance changes to some Building Cards and Settlements, including the following:

• Timer Reduction: Many Golden Settlement buildings reduced from 24hr to 4hr recharge time
  • Boosts: Scout and Greater Range effects have been made more powerful.
  • "Mini-monuments": Community Center and Archive changed to offer significant VP bonuses at level milestones

Go and explore a whole new gameboard this Season! This Season will run from November 17th, 1pm PST to December 15th, 1pm PST... so don’t waste any time!

Don’t forget to collect your Season rewards!

Post edited by CATANdominik on

Comments

• WindWind Member Posts: 48 ✭✭✭

Oi. Whats the golden settlement balance changes!! And wheres my personal settlement? Give me a free card to move it back from 0.0,0.0. As i aint paying 400 cointa to move it after a niantic stuff up!

• FiddleheadNZFiddleheadNZ Member Posts: 42 ✭✭✭

Some really good changes with cards made - thank you!

Was excited to start my eighth season with some new strategy...

BUT losing the new Personal Settlement completely after only one day of the Update is seriously demoralising 😰

Please fix this ASAP so the whole season isn’t ruined.

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭

Last season was great and was the last one for me until community center will be returned or gold refunded.

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    edited November 18

Just to know @CATANdominik

The new personnal settlement should be bought for 400 gold (I mean is it a hold up of players for their money) or is it just a bug?

Nobody is enough crazy to pay 400 gold for that in a game full of bugs. I would pay max 4 gold for 3 tiles and 2 buildings and it's not sure.