Game Feedback

Share your comments and suggestions to improve the game

Return our community center

CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

Community center of the golden settlement has changed. Effect is so bad now. Return our community center with 150 tokens per level of all ressources. This was the biggest change of the last 1.20 update and it's so sad.

28 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

@CATANdominik Did you read all comments here? Change it back or give us a refund.

• beeeeeeesbeeeeeees Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

Honestly it was way overpowered. It was by far the best building and it makes sense to nerf it.

@beeeeeees nerf it yes. But here it was not nerfed. The effect was changed. We receive now more of one ressource and nothing of the 4 others.

Because they didn't want to answer all players here I'll share with you the opinion of Niantic. We are only testing the game and they don't matter if we have spent gold or money before they change everything in our Golden settlement. My answer to their answer was "Niantic su***"

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 320 ✭✭✭

OK, that’s pretty harsh answer considering it’s about gold spent bought with real money. 😟

And I again repeat this. They explicitely said that they will make it up to the players if they do a major change that devalues things people have spent gold on. Now they did such (a gigantic one) but no, nothing happened. 😕

• WeissWeiss Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

Looks like it is going to become a case of money digging soon... Sad.

edited December 2020

I note that you refund players after you have changed the backpack but not after you change the golden settlement. Could you explain me (us) what is different between these 2 things? For both players have invested their gold and for both you decided to change all... Thank you for your explanation @CATANdominik

Also @AjanHukka said that earlier: "And I again repeat this. They explicitely said that they will make it up to the players if they do a major change that devalues things people have spent gold on. Now they did such (a gigantic one) but no, nothing happened." is it true @CATANdominik?

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 94 Community Manager, Global

@Catanius We have addressed this topic during the live stream right at the end. I've posted a recording of the stream in the announcement section.

In short: We will adjust many buildings to improve gameplay during the beta, and we cannot undo player progress every time we do a balancing tweak. For the backpack the situation is different: Resetting the backpack had to be part of the overhaul, and we are leaving the decision to you, which limit you want to spend your upgrades, instead of just applying them automatically. We are also giving everyone two free upgrades to the backpack to bring the overall capacity to 50 (previously it was 40).

edited December 2020

@CATANdominik I have invested 3800 gold in my community center and now I can only destroy it for free to place a better building between the 2 tiles with *. I also have invested 0 gold in the backpack. I don't think it's normal to change all (it's not only a rebalance of the amount you changed the effect) of the community center like that and not refund players.

@CATANdominik Here 22 players thinks like me and have upvoted for that. How many posts in that forum have 22 upvotes? The majority of the players here just don't understand your point of view. Read the answers of other players here to understand what exactly we all think.

23 upvotes 1 down vote => total +22/24

• AllakAllak Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited December 2020

@CATANdominik This is not ok. if a player pays for gold and uses that gold to buy something based on the way it was functioning at the time it was spent then they should get a refund if that changes. This is a very dangerous decision as it says "do not buy gold and do not spend it because the devs will devalue what you spend your money on without compensation" I personally wont spend anymore on gold settlements until this issue is properly addressed and will spread the word on discord too.

we get this is beta but that does not give licence for poor commercial practices.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 320 ✭✭✭

I think that it’s possibly hard for developer to actually understand the magnitude of that change. They seem to think it’s one minor tweak while it’s huge for actual players.

• WindWind Member Posts: 148 ✭✭✭

Again i would be happy ifmis 50 each reaource, down from 150 each. Atm my * got library lv1 in the middle so im iffy on making tweaks. Still 5 empty slots on my golden settlement atm

@CATANdominik see the 3 last comments of the players...