Game Feedback

Share your comments and suggestions to improve the game

Global Score Rebalancing

ChopStiRChopStiR Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
edited November 2020 in Game Feedback

As known, winning the global score is determined by the team with the most players.

Like any board game you dont get to choose your favourite piece/colour everytime.

I would propose a shuffle to even the numbers. But then there is the risk of inactive account affecting the balance.

My suggestion is at the start of the season you have to blindly reach into a virtual bag to select a totem.

The servers can balance the odds so there is never to many players on the one side.

Another suggestion is to add the robber piece in the bag as like a wild card. This could allow you to choose your desired team colour.

Each season you get to form new alliances or compete with old allies.

Im sure many will dislike my idea but I believe its the best way to level the competition.

5 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Hmmm...I dislike this idea. This would take away the idea of building local teams as the team would be new each season. It would take meaning off the game.

This would make it again an individual game without long-term teamwork as it is now. It would be just boosting own stats because there would be no persistent teammate relationships. I feel that those are the best things in these AR games.

Having a card to choose ones favourite would just nullify that whole idea.

I think they are making the local score to matter in the near future. That’s where you have a lot more possibility to affect. Also they are developing more catchup features.

• ShrubstaShrubsta Member Posts: 10 ✭✭

hmmm....

@AjanHukka 😂 🤔😃

I like the idea @ChopStiR because I don’t have a whole bunch of people to team up with. Perhaps I am not the demographic the game is aiming for - being a more mature player 😂.

I suggested a similar idea in a more recent post (not having seen yours until now)

I guess it depends how you play the game as to whether loading up a faction works for you or not. It won’t work for solo players, and may even turn them away from the game.

Some possibility to change factions would be nice indeed. But more like from volunteer perspective, not any forced faction placements. 😅

Creating some ”carrot” to play in underdog team would also help.

• RandomExplorersRandomExplorers Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

Team choice should not be randomized. The local individual must be able to choose if he/she wants to play with another local player as a team, or to compete with him/her in a fair competitive manner. However, what this game breaks is in using the total VPs of a team as a basis of determining the winning fraction. The original game does not have this issue as it is a 1 player 1 fraction assignment. Using total VPs broke the game when the number of players are not even, as what it is currently.

There are more than a few ways to overcome this, such as:

1. Average VPs per player (aka Total VPs divided by # of players)
    2. Total VPs of top 100 players of each fraction (or 50 or 1000 depending on how many active players there are. Or it can be top 80% of the fraction with the lowest number of players to remove the 20% inactive. All these numbers will probably requires current statistics which the devs will probably be in the best position to determine).

I'm sure there are many others with great ideas as well to ensure the winners are determined in a fair manner.

Also, being able to choose the Team colour at start of each season will be a nice addition.

Well, they confirmed today that this won’t happen. 😅 Balancing happens in other ways than forced faction placements.

Would have been annoying to play with a colour or animal that one doesn’t like.