Game Feedback

Share your comments and suggestions to improve the game

Reduce season length to 3 weeks

GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 270 ✭✭✭

Into week 3 of the current season and interest in playing wains.

This has happened now in the last few seasons where from 3 till near the end of week 4 there is little incentive.

Recommend reducing Season length to 3 weeks

9 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭

They just said on the stream that seasons will have variation coming. So maybe we’ll have 3 week seasons as well as longer and shorter ones in the future.

• VampVamp Member Posts: 10 ✭✭

As you say refreshing the content would be good or adding more content would be good, it certainly gets to be a bit of a dry-spell this time of season.

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 270 ✭✭✭

Not even this new update compels me to do anything much, from the start of week 3 to the end of week 4.

Even thought about a 2 week season, as the end of week 2 pretty much means that whatever I want built up, is built up.

• MrCatanMrCatan Member Posts: 6 ✭✭

We are trying to max every settlement in our local region in order to win. Perhaps a 4-week season will give us more time to gather more resources to achieve this.

Strategically speaking, all major scoring should be done by week 2

As there is no strategy in the game @CATANdominik I have stopped playing, and so have many others.

* Reducing the season length would have helped

* Removing Totems would have been awesome, as I requested when it was even announced. It broke the game then, it still breaks the game now.

* Bringing in Roads would enable more worthwhile gameplay.

It is with these 3 reasons that Catan is not catering for people who like strategy games, and why I have stopped playing, and have played plenty of Catan and know the intricate strategies at play with the board game, that are missing in the ARG.

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 42 ✭✭

I don't understand this comment: "Strategically speaking, all major scoring should be done by week 2"

Just finishing my resource loop. 🤔

@ZinkyZonk meaning that, to win strategically, that one faction is already the clear winner at the end of week 2.