News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Backpack Update and Capacity Changes for 1.22.3

CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 240 Admin
edited December 2020 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorers,

Your explorations are about to get a little more organized! Over the next few days, we’re rolling out a new version of the app with some big changes to your backpack. Now you’ll see different sections for unlocking cards and managing resources, including a new section for minigame cards.

• All items are now categorized into swipeable pages for quick and easy access.
  • Building Cards and Minigame Cards now have their own individual capacity limits – your building cards will no longer get in the way of your next harvesting spree.
  • Special Cards will have no inventory capacity at all. Building cards & minigame cards previously shared a capacity of 40. So that means that there will be a 20 card limit for Building Cards and a 20 card limit for minigame cards. However, since we are making this change, we have also decided to give everyone 2 free upgrades to their Building Card capacity, making it 30 instead of 20! This is effectively 500g worth of free inventory capacity increases.
  • Note: Explorers who have already spent Gold to upgrade their Backpack capacity will receive a refund of Gold to their accounts. This will happen on Wednesday Dec. 9th at 9:30 am PST.

Please note that in order to ensure that everyone who has already purchased inventory upgrades gets a refund, we will have one hour of planned down time on Wednesday Dec. 9 from 9:30 to 10:30am Pacific Standard Time (PST). 

Yours

The CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANdominik on

Comments

• AllakAllak Member Posts: 6 ✭✭

Will the cost of upgrades to capacity be adjusted at the same time considering the value of an upgrade will, effectively, be halved. Currently a +5 upgrade can either be used for building cards or mini games. With the change if you want to increase your minigame and building card capacity you will need to buy 2x +5 increases one for each pool, if my understanding is correct.

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

I agree with you @Allak But I'm sure that Niantic don't care at all of that and of players. I don't know if I have to laugh or cry... Niantic are just unbelievable 😒

And it's written in their post... 2 upgrades = 500g worth of free inventory capacity increases. 😂

• KamikazeDan1KamikazeDan1 Member Posts: 28 ✭✭

Ugh, this change is a backwards step. Total bigger inventory is great, and could have been done without splitting the usefulness, but it will take a long time before i have earned anough gold to get that. Previously I had 50 space which could flux between dev cards and mini games, and sometimes I had 40 mini games stored for use at end of day or when i had 4 quests ready to roll for. Sometimes I had 40 dev cards, while i was waiting to travel to the local town (I have only 1 portal/stop/ resource within walk from home). Now I'm back to 20/30 as my limit. The flexibilty of having that same space across both was much better. I'm hitting limits constantly on one or other, after I hardvest my gold dsettlement or if i get the crappy market cards as rewards (but hey, plenty of RP from recycling those constantly). Also, we got 5 inventory space for levelling up previously, which i seem to have lost.

• CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 112 ✭✭✭

The 5 inventory increase is refunded as gold (250) for u to choose which u like to upgrade

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

That upgrade is a disaster

• SchnuefuSchnuefu Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭

@Charmq if you wouldn't have mentioned it I would not have realized it thanks ^^