Report a Bug

Share issues that you've found in the game

Daily dice awarding random rewards instead of the amount you see

SchnuefuSchnuefu Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭

I will add a picture tomorrow. So far I've seen, that when I hit the 3 times basket and it showed would I'd get bricks instead...? Can someone confirm a mix up in the rewards of the daily dice?

5 votes

Bug: Intended - Not A Bug · Last Updated

Comments

• SchnuefuSchnuefu Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭

As I suspected: I recieved 200 brick and 400 oat instead of 500 brick and 200 oat. If you think about how the dice are built it is clear, why that happened. On the opsite side of brick is oat therefore the 3x bonus goes not to the resource which is shown but to the resource which touches the "basket" @CATANFiona

• MikeyMikey Member Posts: 39 ✭✭

I always expect to get the resource which is topmost (wheat in this case), not the resource facing me, but I can see how this would be confusing.

• SchnuefuSchnuefu Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭

@Mikey I see your point, but this is misleading/confusing. It should reard the resource facing us

• CuddlepieCuddlepie Member Posts: 33 ✭✭

3x multiplier and 2x multiplier doesn’t work. I frequently get a dice or two into the 2x and 3x baskets, but rewards do not correspond. Rewards seem random.

eg. 1 resource dice each in 2x and the 3x basket should get you 900 resources but frequently it only awards 500-600 resources.

Also a gold dice in the 3x multiplier sometimes only yields 1 gold??!! Often I can’t see the side it lands, but shouldn’t it be zero or a multiple of 3 anyways?

• ZorblaxZorblax Member Posts: 23 ✭✭

Giving the reward "on top" of the dice only makes sense when the player can still see the top face. If it's in the basket it would make more sense to give the reward on the face pointing (most) towards the player.

• CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 341 Admin

Hi - The resource shown at the top of the dice is what you are rewarded if you make it into the basket, not the one facing you (the player). We understand this is not intuitive because you can't see the top of the dice, so we are trying to think of a way to surface it such as a camera zoom. Thanks for reporting this!

Even just visually accumulating the rewards on the right as each die is scored, instead of just once at the end, would help IMHO.

I guess the problem with that is... what happens if you throw die #2 and it hits die #1, changing which face was "on top" for die #1 (rare, but it does happen)... If the rule is "score each die as it is cast, subsequent changes (top face changed when hit by a second die) have no effect on score" I could live with that and it would let you use the accumulation visualisation proposed above. Scoring one time only after all dice are cast, would technically be more accurate but would also mean you need to invent a new visualisation, as you say...