News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Update: Level-up Rewards

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 95 Community Manager, Global
edited December 2020 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorers,

Since the beginning of early access we have been updating and tweaking the rewards for leveling up. We have heard you loud and clear: Leveling up is currently not rewarding enough, and that is something we want to change long term. While we are currently working on some more pressing issues and improvements to the game, we have not dropped this from our priority list.

Why are we bringing this up now? In the past, Explorers got additional quest and inventory slots for leveling up. This bonus has been removed as part of our first round of tweaking the level up rewards – don’t worry, something more exciting will be added long term. However, this change means that some early testers still have these additional slots.

When we cleaned up our database for the launch of the backpack update, we removed the legacy backpack slots that some Explorers had gotten for leveling up. The same will happen for legacy quest slots with the next season change. 

Tl;dr

• Legacy inventory slots for leveling up have been removed with the backpack update.
  • Legacy quest slots for leveling up will be removed with the next season change. 
  • Exciting new long term level-up rewards will be added to the game in January.

Yours

The CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANdominik on

Comments

• WindWind Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Hey @CATANdominik My resource inventory is 156.... would i get down to 150 with this change? Its bothering my ocd

• OctarineOctarine Member Posts: 8 ✭✭

Are you going to backdate rewards for the levelling up we have already done?

• BATTFAMBATTFAM Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

So you are going to punish your long term beta testers?

And in reverse when you apply a new level up bonus will you also back date all the level up bonuses we would have got? Eg I’m level 27, with your new level up rewards I should get 27 new rewards?

You can’t take it away and not replace, otherwise we worse off than a new starter at level 1.

• SchnuefuSchnuefu Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭

A complete reset doesn't sound so bad now, eh? ^^ Stop worriyng by not investing money... it's still beta

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 95 Community Manager, Global

@Wind What you describe sounds like a bug. An inventory limit of 156 should not be possible in the new system. Can you report this with a screenshot in the report a bug section, if it persists after the season change?

• CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 112 ✭✭✭

Bye Gustav. Would not do his quests then 🙊

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

I agree with @BATTFAM and @Octarine

@CATANdominik please read their request to backdate rewards for level up and and follow the request to the dev team. We are lazy to lose all our old rewards and to not get the new rewards. Thank you.

@Charmq What do you mean? Gustav is the best catanian for now. It's also the easiest to lvl up.

@CATANdominik If you heard us "loud and clear" like for the backpack and for the golden settlement it will be a disaster for sure.

edited December 2020

@Catanius im at good friends going to great friends which is doing 50 catanian trades which means spending close to 200 rss even if you manage to find 4:1 trades (or slightly lesser if u do reverse trades. Eg brick to ore and ore back to brick) Idk about you but im dying doing his quest. (Or was it different previously?) What’s his quest now at great friends?

I know u get some points for trading w Gustav himself but say u cant get him all the time, its close to 32*200 resources just to level up...

I'm already at great friend going to best friend with 7930/32k friendship points @Charmq

@Catanius i know i could see that but what was the quest at 8k and what is it now at 32k? Was it different or did u choose to complete it despite the madness? Lol. I wouldnt know. U r a few seasons ahead.