News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

UPDATE! Live Stream: The biggest update yet! New features and Q&A

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 95 Community Manager, Global
edited January 7 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorers,

We are working on the biggest update to date. It will include many bug fixes and a full overhaul to an already existing feature! Be the first to find out about new features and adjustments by joining our preview live stream on Tuesday, January 5th. After we update you on all the changes, you will again have the opportunity to ask questions. You can find all details about the event below:

When?

January 5th

• 12 am PST (US West Coast)
  • 9 am MEZ (Switzerland)
  • 9 am CET (Denmark)
  • 4 pm SGT (Singapore)
  • 7 pm AET (Australia)
  • 9 pm NZDT (New Zealand)

Where?

We are running the livestream as a Zoom Webinar. You can join the event via this link.

The video is hosted by Dominik (Global Community Manager), who will be joined by Nate (CATAN – World Explorers Lead Designer). Together they will introduce all the exciting changes and stand ready to answer your questions about the game. 

Yours

The CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANdominik on
Tagged:

Comments

• WindWind Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

Sweet. Bring it on!

If i gotta guess what feature thatll be overhauled - i guess itll be the Achivements/Badges. Am i right? Hehe.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Achievements and leveling up rewards probably. Achievements haven’t received any fixes till this date even though there are a lot of reports how badly they are bugged.

• Castello94Castello94 Member Posts: 1

Hi quick question Why is Sweden still not part of the beta?

Maybe they don’t need any wider beta than the current players in 5 countries.

24 more hours to go #KeenAF

• MaebiMaebi Member Posts: 16 ✭✭

It says I need a meeting passcode?

@CATANdominik It needs password?

• TebiniumTebinium Member Posts: 10 ✭✭

Do you mean AEDT for Australia? We are in DST at the moment. Don't want to miss it!

• EarthtoneEarthtone Member Posts: 8 ✭✭

What is the password?

• TebiniumTebinium Member Posts: 10 ✭✭

Code please.

@CATANdominik, the call is not accessible without a passcode. 😅

• QueenZentaQueenZenta Member Posts: 1

missing code

• EarthtoneEarthtone Member Posts: 8 ✭✭

Blue only overtook red late in last season, ostensibly not because of volume of players by because of smaller number of players playing more strategically. Red really seemed to have far more players.

• RedbirdRedbird Member Posts: 26 ✭✭

Funny i ask a question and it did not get answerd sad..

edited January 5

@Earthtone, how do you think/know red has more people playing?

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 95 Community Manager, Global

@Redbird I should have answered every question that came up. Only skipped those who were a repeat. So I assume you will be able to get your answer as soon as the recording goes up.

@Wind @Maebi @QueenZenta @Tebinium @Earthtone The password should have been part of the link. And others could join without issue. Did you eventually get in? Or did this issue persist?

• GladiuzGladiuz Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited January 5

Why didn't you use twitch. Can't watch on zoom no number to login . It's the 5th now at 1900 and no stream. Australia.

Post edited by CATANdominik on
  • CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 95 Community Manager, Global

@Gladiuz I had to edit your message because of language. While any criticism for the technical setup of our stream is welcome, please use language that is appropriate.

• MaebiMaebi Member Posts: 16 ✭✭

@CATANdominik I did get in eventually. It seems that the link redirection to open the zoom app doesn't always bring the password across. I was on an iPhone at the time, copied the link across to safari rather than allow the link-click to go straight to the zoom app.

When I got home, I was able to join on my macbook via Chrome to open zoom no problems.

In case that detail helps for setting up the next livestream.

Thanks for a great session, loved both your enthusiasm and Nate's, especially past midnight on the West Coast.

• NikostratosNikostratos Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

Is the Zoom conference still going? I'm getting an error 3038 code trying to get in.

• NikostratosNikostratos Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

Never mind ... Chrome shows it's closed.

@CATANdominik

I did ask why the ingame chat is not built as it is in ingress, it would make the community better specialy local. And the other nice thing is you can so nicely talk only to your fraction, a single person or to all, choose a km radius what messages you wanna see etc.

@Nikostratos

Is not on annymoore did end nearly 3hrs ago

• GladiuzGladiuz Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

@CATANdominik

So why not use Twitch ? It is a Gaming platform for games, pass on information, Show case game, Generate more interest in Catan ?

• 4nd3r54nd3r5 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

@CATANdominik

Please provide a short description of new update.

@Gladiuz The current target audience for our livestream is the current beta players. That's why we chose Zoom Webinar over platforms like Twitch and YouTube. When the game is launched we will surely switch to more suitable platforms for larger audiences.

@Maebi Thanks for the explanation. I'll look into this.

@CATANdominik With the quest sidebar coming, does this means the catanian quests getting some rebalancing? As in no more commons as rewards when past lv 30.... and less “discovering” tasks?

• SchnuefuSchnuefu Member Posts: 211 ✭✭✭

@CATANdominik will there be an announcement when the link for the recording is online?

@CATANdominik

Hihi i did watch the full zoom stream live my question was the last question 2 min before end and was sure not repetead or answered 😉