Report a Bug

Share issues that you've found in the game

Regional score difference between players.

ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 39 ✭✭

My friends see my region with a score of 2.3 .... but my region score is reporting as 2.9 ?

What's going on?..

12 votes

Bug: Investigating · Last Updated

We are investigating this issue. Bug # 15145

Comments

• WindWind Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

I happen to have differs between my ipad and my android.

like one got a grand or so ahead for Eagles....

• SchnuefuSchnuefu Member Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

Sync issues maybe? Lag?

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 39 ✭✭

Not lag. Different score showing.

Logging in on different device.

• theChanditheChandi Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

The region team score shows different scores for the same region depending on account and device. My wife and I did the following test to document the actual bug.

Both of us went to the same region and took screenshots at the same time (give or take a few seconds as shown by the season timer). You can see in the screenshots below the regions team scores displayed vary significant between accounts and between devices with the same account.

In the screenshot collages below the left image always me using a Samsung Galaxy S10 5G and the second image is always my wife using a Samsung Galaxy S9 Edge. Both running the msot recent updates available. I can provide exact build numbers if needed.

I think CWE has been having this issue over a few versions as I remember seeing different scores between my devices and between my wife's phone and me. But we have never done a controlled test until now.

The first test was with both of us physically in the same region.

You can see the scores for the eagles differ by ~700vp. We both had just interacted (built/expanded/upgraded) with the settlement next to us.

Then we moved on and looked at the same data remotely from our home region

Note the difference in scores are still there.

Then we did the same in our home scoring region

Scores now matched exactly

Then we moved to another region to repeat the experiment

This is the 3rd region and again my wife's account was showing a much lower score than mine. We had just interacted with the closest settlement.

Both of us normally use Android phones. But sometimes I would use my iPad. So we did the same experiment with all thee. Scores for the home region matched perfectly between all three devices (with iPad using my account)

But remote scores differed significantly between accounts and between devices using the same account. In the screenshots below the left most image is my phone with my account, the middle image is my wife's phone with her account and the right most image is an iPad with my account. Screenshots are taken around the same time (give or take a few seconds) as shown by the season timer.

and another region

Few observations from the limited test above.

• Our team's score is what is different (we are both eagles/yellow)
    • The difference is large enough that it may mean winning or loosing the reason in every case
    • I can't find a pattern with accounts or devices that is over or understating the score.

Nice testing @theChandi