New Players and Getting Started

Earning Gold

SarahSarah Member Posts: 38 ✭✭✭

I can see that I need Gold to increase my inventory and to build in my private settlement but at the rate that I'm earning it I'll lose interest first.

• every 6 hours in my private settlement
  • ???

What are other tricks are there to earning gold?

Comments

• DoraDora Member Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

Mini games.

• MilesMiles Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

Gold rewards do offer in some quests.

Once the NPC encounter issue has resolved, choose a quest wisely (since you can have only 2 concurrent NPC quests in progress)...

If your dice lands on the gold coin when you do a public settlement roll you can earn gold there also.

• BionisShulkBionisShulk Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

@xDTrollBusterxD

Very nice!

• WainuipandaWainuipanda Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

You also earn gold for being mayor of villages etc. The more you are the more achievements you unlock door being a chief. These are done at the end of every week. Seeing as I got mine last night for my mayordom this week just gone

• MiraggenMiraggen Member Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

@Wainuipanda

As mayor, is gold automatically deposited in your account?

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

I managed to get 165 gold on my first day, I assume this was because I was going through the levels and earning gold on completing "stuff"; since then it has been very slow progress - 1 coin from your personal settlement when you can log on is a bit of a con, considering what it costs to expand and place buildings.

Hopefully quests from Cantans when they work, reward more.

I've gone free to play with Pokemon Go because of Niantic's aggressive hiding of Pokemon behind "paywalls"; this game won't see a single coin from me.

• SarahSarah Member Posts: 38 ✭✭✭

@Mirubi - you get a message in your inbox, open it and accept the rewards.

Mayors are very profitable!

• MiraggenMiraggen Member Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

@Sarah

Many thanks for the reply. This system is very cool, since in PGO it is very bad to have to wait for someone to win to receive coins.

The one gold coin from your personal settlement should be added towards your total, even if you have hit the daily limit.

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭

The ability to get enough coin when playing in the suburbs is so slow that CWE is hostile to new players, badgering them constantly.

Once you get to L12 or so, it is better, but the badgering to spend money is still a significant bug if you often have more of a resource than you can trade out

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭

Only the mini games can help, up to 50 gold per day.

But also, each Sunday scores you up to 150 gold if you are the mayor of enough settlements

lol ... plenty to be gained in quests. My inventory space quickly grew when the Catanian quests were fixed purely by earning gold in-game.

The only quest I have seen with gold as a reward is the shrubs one, and I have seen that once.

@Grogyan I was Mayor in 5 settlements this week, no gold

Clan Chief 3 = mayor x 10

Clan Chief 4 = mayor x 30