News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

1.27 Shop Bundles Developer Spotlight - Jan 2021

CATANEirCATANEir Developer Posts: 27 Game Developer
edited January 11 in News & Announcements

Greeting Explorers! As seen in the livestream we have some amazing things coming your way very soon. This is a quick spotlight of some of the new store bundles that will be available in the game once you reach player level milestones.

Each of these bundles is a one-time purchase, and are available for a limited time.

Important notes

As we prepare to launch version 1.27, we’ve noticed a few cosmetic issues that may impact existing players.

• For existing players in version 1.22, the bundle purchase screen within the shop may look blank or some icons might be missing. This is due to required support in 1.27 – so upgrade as soon as it arrives in either the App Store or Google Play! 
  • (Updated) For existing players in version 1.27, offer timers may display similar to “Expires in 100h 100m 100s” and they will be unable to purchase the level 3 and level 5 bundles until they have leveled up. The bright side is that the expiration timer for those bundles will not "start" until you level up.

Purchases made on the 1.22 client during this time may look odd, but will be processed to the player’s accounts properly. 

Maximum purchase capacity limits have been increased by +50 across the board. Players can now upgrade Resource, Building, and Minigame limits to a max limit of 200.

Higher level players should also have access to these bundles for a limited time, but it should be noted that these packs are geared to provide assistance in newer player progression.

Bundle Details

Level 3 Bundles - available for 48 hours

Builder Pack - 100 Gold

• +5 Explorer Points
  • +5 Dev Card Limit Increase
  • 1x Plentiful Harvest

Explorer Pack - 100 Gold

• +5 Explorer Points
  • (Updated) +10 Resource Limit Increase
  • 1x Greater Range
  • 1x Scout

Gamer Pack - 100 Gold

• +5 Explorer Points
  • +5 Minigame Card Limit Increase
  • 1x Mini-Game Bundle RARE

Level 5 Bundles - available for 48 hours

Growth Pack - 480 Gold

• +5 Explorer Points
  • 2x Double XP

Explorer Pack - 1480 Gold

• +5 Explorer Points
  • 4x Double XP
  • 2x Scout
  • 2x Greater Range

Gamer Pack - 1480 Gold

• +5 Explorer Points
  • 4x Double XP
  • 1x Mini-Game Bundle RARE
  • 3x Mini-Game Bundle UNCOMMON

Welcome to Catan:WE Bundles - available for 1 week to all players

Friend of Catan Starter Pack - 480 Gold

• 2x Mini-Game Bundle UNCOMMON
  • 1x Mini-Game Bundle COMMON

Leader of Catan Starter Pack - 1480 Gold

• +5 Dev Card Limit Increase
  • +5 Minigame Card Limit Increase
  • +5 Resource Limit Increase
  • 2x Mini-Game Bundle RARE

Thanks again!

Thanks to all the Explorers out there. We hope Catan – World Explorers can bring some joy into your day and that everyone is staying safe and healthy.

Post edited by CATANEir on

Comments

• WindWind Member Posts: 145 ✭✭✭

So those bundles only appears from start of new season? @CATANEir ?

• CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 236 Admin

@Wind The level bundles will appear once you reach certain milestones such as level 5 etc. The welcome bundle will be available for a week once we start the rollout process for 1.27.

@CATANFiona tbh would be wise if you guys start the 48h timer from the time of the forced update trigger as in start of a new season, as it would avoid the “fear of missing out” factor since some people wont update their apps until being forced by the server

• CATANEirCATANEir Developer Posts: 27 Game Developer

The following has been updated in the OP and only applies to existing players and not players who newly join the game.

--

(Updated) For existing players in version 1.27, offer timers may display similar to “Expires in 100h 100m 100s” and they will be unable to purchase the level 3 and level 5 bundles until they have leveled up. The bright side is that the expiration timer for those bundles will not "start" until you level up.

--

OK @CATANFiona ...

three things i noticed in the new version so far

1. plentiful harvest boost card text became all in hex characters
    2. the mail for EP got no button yet....was it intended to leave it disabled until the season reset?
    3. are we all getting 20 garden tile cards to start with?

Oh another thing, did the trade box disappeared in the latest version for catanians?

• CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 236 Admin

@Wind

For issues 1 & 2, can you post a report in the Report A Bug section of the forum or upvote an existing one? I would like to see if other players are experiencing the same issue.

For issue 3, yes you should be receiving 20 Personal Resource Garden Tiles to start with.

You should still be able to trade with Catanians in 1.27.

• SchnuefuSchnuefu Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭

Uhm.... @CATANFiona is the staple house level 5 in a public settlement giving out common cards instead of uncommon ones a bug or did you decide to nerf it...?

@Schnuefu did you unlock all uncommons? If not you might got a low % being commons due to not unlocking it all

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

Another bad update soon... Great!

• CachedCached Member Posts: 7 ✭✭✭

Bought all 3 100 coin bundles. Didn't get any of the items, resource expansions etc.

• SchnuefuSchnuefu Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭

@Wind I have unlocked everything and 20k RP ;)

• CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

Same as @Wind . Trading disappeared

U cant see the number of totem tokens unless in totem mode? Is it a bug or intended change?

• CatAnDogCatAnDog Member Posts: 12 ✭✭

For new players, I suggest removing the 48 hours limited time to purchase the packs.

If I recall when I started playing, level 3 was easily reached on Day 1, and I doubt I had 300 coins within the next 2 days to purchase all 3 packs. Unless the intention is to make them spend real money on gold...

• DeebechanDeebechan Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

I dont get why the Explorer Pack wold give +5 Resource Limit Increase, when normal increases are in steps of 10.

Would the Last upgrade to your Resource Limit only give you 5 more spaces or would you be stuck at 195 Resource Limit?

Agree with @Deebechan. Not sure if that's the reason why my resource limit did not increase when I bought the pack....it is programmed to increase in steps of 10 only? Card limits increased correctly by 5 when i bought those packs.

• FatalphaFatalpha Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

I had same issue. Explorer pack didn't increase my resource storage.

@Deebechan u r referring to lvl 3 explorer bundle i suppose? Mine says +10. Still saving gold to get it.

@CatAnDog isnt it always the case, to make more money? It doesnt make sense for new players as u mentioned above and it doesnt make sense for older players as well since the 48hr limit for lvl 3 n lvl5 bundles are triggered at the same time. Given that the livestream was 4,5 days ago, it would allow an older player to save 2-300 gold since it was announced and tt is if u were able to watch it at live timing and even lesser if u watch the recording since all gold would likely have been spent upgrading bags since the split bag system announced not too long ago.

@charmq I was lucky to have 300 gold ready for level 3 packs (level 5 ones not appealing to me), but was unlucky to be one of the earlier ones to buy and waste 100 gold to discover the resource limit increase pack is bugged

edited January 10

Ah ic. Any idea if its still bugged? It should be upgraded for you in new season hopefully if its bugged.

• CachedCached Member Posts: 7 ✭✭✭

The leader of Catan bundle has me confused.

Buying the three expansions individually is 750. With the rare deck it's 1480. That's a very very expensive deck of rare cards!

I can't fathom why anybody would buy this.

• DeebechanDeebechan Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

@Charmq oh, thanks for the information. I cant access the Bundle ingame because i did not jet Level up and it will still be quite a while.

I simply had the information contained in this Tread, witch stated that you get +5 Resource Limit Increase.

Are the Level 5 Bundles and Welcome to Catan:WE Bundles olso falsley labeled and give you +10 Resources Ingame as well?

edited January 10

@Deebechan i tink they realized their mistake and change it to 10, BUT there is a bug now so it doesnt work anyway. There is a bug report logged in the forum, hopefully it gets fixed fast.

lvl 5 doesnt expand bag and leader of catan suppose to give 10 resource, 5 build, 5 dice expansion.

• KamikazeDan1KamikazeDan1 Member Posts: 26 ✭✭

Are these bundles live yet? I’m level 28 and I haven’t seen them. I would dearly love to get cheap upgrade for my storage. I updated my game yesterday.

• Tom2306Tom2306 Member Posts: 1

Any news on a uk release?

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭
    edited January 11

@Tom2306, it was actually discussed in the stream. They are going to add all the remaining countries at global release.

• KamikazeDan1KamikazeDan1 Member Posts: 26 ✭✭

When do these bundles go live? I can’t see the level 3 and 5 ones and I never got mail to say they were available. I checked the shop shortly after the announcement and there was nothing there and now I can only see the new player ones. If you made changes with a time limit applied you really need to notify us in game. My game has only just updated.

• HejmdalHejmdal Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited January 13

I'm in the same situation as @KamikazeDan1 but I read the announcement as your have to level up before the level bundles will show up, so on wards to level 26.

Hmm, rereading the announcement it seams that they should be present in the shop but that is not the case, I only see the New Player specials along with the familiar old ones...

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

The bundles have disappeared 100 hours after upgrade @CATANdominik It was not possible to buy them earlier.