CATAN – World Explorers is shutting down on November 18th, 2021. Learn more

New Players and Getting Started

Collecting resources

Hi, first time playing today. I had fun going for a walk and collecting. Lots of woodin my area!

Not sure if it is my phone, I found it very difficult to click in the right spot on my screen to open a POI. Some pieces took 30 odd presses before it "magically" opened.

My question is, why dont the resources I collect match up to those in my backpack? I completed a quest which gave me 100 of three resources. My backpack does not have 100 of each resource - I have 7 wood, 18 brick and 2 wool. The (progress?) bars above each resource are all at different stages.

So where did those 100s go?

Probably related - What are the bars above each resource type for? How many resources do I need to collect to fill them? Does filling the bar give me 1 resource?

Was this answered in the tutorial and I totally missed it? I can't find anything in the game that explains this...

Tagged:

Comments

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭

There are two counters. Resource tokens and resource cards. Those 100s are tokens, 7,18,2 are cards.

Every time you collect 100 tokens you receive one card. That bar you mentioned is exactly that. When it fills up you have got 100 tokens full and it is converted into a card.

• simthesavvysimthesavvy Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thanks! That clears it up.

• CATANGrayCATANGray Moderator Posts: 268 Moderator
    edited January 22

Hi @simthesavvy. First of all welcome to the CATAN – World Explorers Community Forum. What @AjanHukka said is on point. Also, there is an on-going issue that is preventing Explorers from tapping on the Resource Centers/Settlement/Shrubs which might be placed on top of a Garden Play Tile. This could be the reason you had trouble tapping on them.

Check out here to know more.

As for the tutorial, it didn't mention how Resource Tokens combines and forms a Resource card but rather Resources as a whole to contribute to Settlements.

If you have more questions - feel free to share with the community.

Post edited by CATANGray on