Strategy and Gameplay

Lack of communication on crane nerf ... taking a break.

ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 73 ✭✭✭

Guys, i'm taking a break from Catan for a few days or to be truthful maybe longer.... the lack of communication about the crane nerf especially as there was communication about building changing sits very uncomfortably with me. It's not the nerf itself it's the lack of warning.  Just i am now quite stuffed up for this season. All my settlements are configured wrong .... worse i contributed to a friend's settlements by craning them.   Beta does not have to mean poor communication .....

And my time is worth that communication. My brain power is worth that communication.  My trust is worth that communication.

PS, I'm Australian, Level 28, BigSpender2 made top 1% both seasons i have played.

Comments

• neilegendneilegend Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

have seen you in the discord for us aussies - and you have been very helpful . hoping your break isnt too long - it is only a game , and consider that the 'nerf' set up of crane placement is only for this season and not a permanent fixture in those settlements , so 3 weeks time you can re build new settlements as you see best :D

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Thanks for your kind words @neilegend. Found out some difficult news in my personal life at the time i was working out that the crane had changed it's output. Straw and camel's back thing I guess.

Quit HPWH, Pogo, and Catan, left all chats and went super casual with ingress. Lol

My kids like Catan better than Ingress. @Wind convinced me i need a second game back up game for when i can't do ingress ( portals burnt out etc)

So I am back playing again .... can't put in as much time .... but enjoying Catan again.