News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Live Stream: Backpack Overhaul Preview (with Nate, Lead Designer)

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 94 Community Manager, Global
edited December 2020 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorers,

We are working on a significant user interface update for the game: your Backpack will get a complete redesign! Be the first to find out about new features and adjustments by joining our preview live stream on Tuesday, November 30th. After we showcase the new feature, you will again have the opportunity to ask questions. You can find all details about the event below!

When?

November 30th

• 12 am PST (US West Coast)
  • 9 am MEZ (Switzerland)
  • 9 am CET (Denmark)
  • 4 pm SGT (Singapore)
  • 7 pm AET (Australia)
  • 9 pm NZDT (New Zealand)

Where?

We are running the livestream as a Zoom Webinar. You can join using this link.

The video is hosted by Dominik Schönleben (Global Community Manager), who will be joined by Nate Chatellier (CATAN – World Explorers Lead Designer). Together they will give a full demo of the new and upgraded Backpack and stand ready to answer your questions about the game. 

Yours

Dominik and the CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANdominik on

Comments

• CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

I hope it means more space for cards :)

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 39 ✭✭

Thank you very much for the wonderful information. "Catan wouldn't be Catan without roads" Indeed! 😁

I have maxed the dev cards currently at 150/150 ...... new back pack will be 20 (max100) minigames and 30(max100) building cards ..... probably will respend so it's 50/100 and 100/100 at this stage ..... but if those cranes ever go dropping mini games again ..... well minigames will need to be expanded too.

Thanks for refunding inventory expansion so we can reapply it afresh.

• BanjoBBanjoB Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

Is there a summary anywhere of the changes for those of us who missed it?

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 94 Community Manager, Global

Hi all,

thanks for all your kind words about the live stream.

Sadly there was a technical issue with the recording this time. Because of this we won't be able to publish the video on YouTube this time. I'm really sorry about the mishap.

• LysaraBlackwoodLysaraBlackwood Member Posts: 45 ✭✭

Thanks for the livestream. Was very informative. I'm in Melbourne & have about a 3 hour window when I *can* watch & you've timed it inside the window so I'm happy. I think it will depend on each individual person's schedule, but the timing seems good for Australia to me.

• CoelacanthMakiCoelacanthMaki Member Posts: 15 ✭✭

Is there away you can publish the most important information as a regular text-based announcement?

I'd rather not have to watch a video when text would suffice.

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 94 Community Manager, Global

@CoelacanthMaki We normally announce all information in the forum when the latest update goes live. The live stream is primarily an opportunity to get an early preview of what's to come and gives you the ability to ask questions.

• SchnuefuSchnuefu Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭

@CATANdominik can you please anounce it a day before, so we can prepare? :P

• BATTFAMBATTFAM Member Posts: 35 ✭✭

Please write down the changes after the video? And this time you can’t even provide the video. Bullet point the changes or provide video transcript.

• FreezerbearFreezerbear Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

The post said Tuesday November 30th when it should have said Monday so I missed it. I would also appreciate a summary.

Like LysaraBlackwood i found the time good for me. I'm in Brisbane Australia. 6pm

@Freezerbear Ah, I see. That was my typo. I'm sorry about the confusion caused by this. We originally had the stream planned for Tuesday, but then had to move it to Monday. Looks like I missed to update this detail.

• LysaraBlackwoodLysaraBlackwood Member Posts: 45 ✭✭

You mentioned uneven distribution of hexagons in settlements as a bug in the livestream. I've seen at least one like what you said - two types of tiles everywhere except a third one on one tile.

Most settlements I've seen only have two types of tiles, though, unless the one with the monument is different. How many types of resource do you intend to be on a fully completed settlement? 2, or 3, & if 3, should they be randomly distributed or dustributed in a pattern?

Good news! A fellow Explorer has shared their own recording of the live stream with me and I have uploaded it here.

Thanks @C10H12 for giving me the opportunity to share the video with everyone who could not join live!

@LysaraBlackwood There should be one primary Resource in every area, with others in descending rarity. The two top resources in each area are then used to decide what's available in Settlements. So what you see is expected behavior.