Report a Bug

Share issues that you've found in the game

Uneven Resources in Settlement

BATTFAMBATTFAM Member Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have my totem by 'The Uneven Sails' settlement right by the harbour Bridge in auckland and I have expanded the settlement to near full size. It is now 19 tiles in size. Of this 19 her there is 18 brick. Only the one * hex has stone.

This does not seem right. 18/19 brick??? All from the same person growing it via my totem.

18 votes

Bug: Resolved · Last Updated

Bug #13342

Comments

• BATTFAMBATTFAM Member Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

Correction, I grew the settlement and another brick. Thats 19/20 brick.

• H1t3chH1t3ch Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

Same problem here. First I thought, there has to be an option to choose your tiles, or some tricks how you can choose the resources on the new tiles. Nothing worked, every single tile is Brick, except the one of the three who where there first (Ore).

• jeunjijeunji Member Posts: 23 ✭✭

so many bricks and ore, only 1 hex or 2 of other resources

• SSSputnikSSSputnik Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

Getting same on some, I have one settlement that basically just ore - looks like the last one posted above.

• DengueeeDengueee Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

I have experienced this on all settlements I grow on.

• WinterHeart626WinterHeart626 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

Can concur, this is common on all settlements I’ve gotten and expanded upon. 1 of one type, the rest are one of a select type only. Makes it challenging to obtain different resources, which I understand to be part of the game, but settlements “should” have a variety of resources able to be rolled.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

Ore ore n more ore.

Is this mainly happening to people on totum built /grown settlements, or all? For me it was totum

• SnoopyzellSnoopyzell Member Posts: 22 ✭✭

Same problem at McCormack's bay settlement... All wheat except for one tile which is brick

• PHOTOXPHOTOX Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

Same for me - only lets me expand with wool 🤦🏻‍♂️

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭

Some minor flaw with the tile selection algorithm perhaps. I guess they are able to fix this soon. 😅

• FiddleheadNZFiddleheadNZ Member Posts: 49 ✭✭✭

Same here... on every settlement I am building. Almost exclusively built in person.

• BambiiBambii Member Posts: 1

I've got a Village with 10 resource tiles, 9 of them are ore, 1 is wheat and that was one of the original tiles. I was wondering if this was just extremely random/unlucky, or if it was a bug.

• BambiiBambii Member Posts: 1
  • PHOTOXPHOTOX Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

Is the tile type always meant to be the exact same resource type? Every time I grow any settlement, it just gives me sheep. Same thing happened last season... is this a known bug?

Any update to this? It’s still happening 1 month on...

• SchnuefuSchnuefu Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭

I wondered this myself... But at some settlements I get different tiles but mostly they are the same

• CoffeeAddictMelCoffeeAddictMel Member Posts: 23 ✭✭

Yep I have this as well. I have 2 settlements that only I have contributed to in a mix of Totem and in person. One has 10 ore + 5 wheat tiles, the other also only has 2 types of tiles, I can't remember the exact breakdown but it's something like 5 ore + 2 wheat

• CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 357 Admin

Hi - We are having trouble reproducing this issue. If you are experiencing this, can you please post a screenshot in the comments? Thanks!

Wasn’t this fixed ages ago? I see that people have stopped mentioning it and people showing settlement have pretty even resource distribution.

• DerwentDerwent Member Posts: 12 ✭✭

I'm still having this problem! 99% new tiles are brick!

But this is also occurring with finding resources, I've found 200 odd centres and 95% are stone, haven't found a single wood yet. Same as last season, no grain anywhere and I looked everywhere!

edited January 19

@Derwent is your region desnly populated? city with a population over 100k?

• DerwentDerwent Member Posts: 12 ✭✭

@Schnuefu , greater Sydney area, why?

just checking the probability numbers... either real bad luck or weird RNG behaviour

@AjanHukka @CATANFiona it's uneven in the sense, that mostly the *-tiles and the monument tile is like only brick or 2 brick one wood and never grain or ore. I have for sure not seen ore on any of the *-tiles form every settlement I have visited and thsi season it was A LOT... this season I have not seen an mono-ressource settlement, allthough I have only upgraded to tier 3 like 10 settlements or so

I guess it’s intentional that there are 2 very rare or nonexisting resources at settlement (the ones that are generally rare on area).

@AjanHukka I hate when they do stuff like that, because this isn't true randomness, just like with the shrubs... If you have a certain amount of dev cards in your inventory, you won't get any dev cards from shrubs. The boardgmae is also based on true randomness, so why no keeping it the same here?

edited January 25

That seems to make sense to me. There is intentionally 1-2 rare resources. They do it so that trading would make sense because you just cannot simply get them be spinning stuff. Being strategic when building things at settlements and skillfully playing mini games helps you to overcome this challenge.

I think the game would be very simple grind if everything was just pure randomness. Every RC had 20 % chance to be any resource. You would always have pretty much equal income of every resource. Would you really rather have it like that? It would be almost the same if game only had 1 resource.

@AjanHukka even with pure randomness you can still haveressource inequality, but ecvery season it's the same ressources (grain and ore)