Report a Bug

Share issues that you've found in the game

Unable to interact with resource centers and shrubs surrounded by park tiles in 1.27

GrowLongDragonGrowLongDragon Member Posts: 12 ✭✭✭

Just went to a park and was unable to tap and harvest any resource centers that overlap park tiles. Was also not able to tap on shrubs while in a park, only way to collect RP from shrubs was to use a Scout booster card.

61 votes

Bug: Resolved · Last Updated

Bug #15257

Comments

• BusterBuddy3117BusterBuddy3117 Member Posts: 28 ✭✭

Having same issue here haven't had issue in non park areas only places where tiles on floor. Pixel 4a

• WindWind Member Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭

Same here. But not harmful unless from a moving bus....

• theChanditheChandi Member Posts: 8 ✭✭

Same isue but also tapping on any objects on/very near park tiles do not work. So tapping on shrubs or catan friends also does not work unless tapped at a very very specific angle.

• AlizychickAlizychick Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited January 10

Same. When over park tiles, cannot tap on resource centres or shrubs. You can only tap on them once you have cleared the tiles. Also swiped resource centres sometimes reverts to undiscovered.

• CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 192 ✭✭✭

I manage to get one on park tile but only by swiping a few times instead of tapping on it. Tapping does nothing.

• bluesfemmebluesfemme Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

If I tap furiously at least 15_20 times the resource centre usually reacts. But the park tiles need to have already been cracked - can't seem to get it work at all if the resource centre is on park tiles still showing.

Also. Why, when I click to get into the community pages from the game....I'm not signed in? It seems stupid that I have to keep signing in before I can vote, comment etc.....

• KiwiMarinaKiwiMarina Member Posts: 29 ✭✭

Same with me, hoping the game is fixed soon, usually is 🙂

@CATANFiona need your attention tomthis thread.....these park tiles needs a fix as we all dont want a painful gaming experience trying tomharvest resources while in a park

• OzeagleOzeagle Member Posts: 9 ✭✭

Yeah, certainly frustrating. I found zooming really far in and turning the camera so there were no park tiles behind the target helped. But it was never a difficulty before the latest update.

@CATANdominik this bug needs the attention of the devs, thats one **** of a frustration bugs when park tiles takes the overlay priority which it not supposed to be

@CATANdominik @CATANFiona

This is painful with undiscovered locations

Please for the love of god, turn off park tiles on the server side until it can be fixed

Thanks

• QueglarQueglar Member Posts: 38 ✭✭

This is one of those small bugs that is *really* frustrating from a user perspective.

The only thing I would add to previous is it appears as if the park pieces have hitboxes that are over-laying on top of resource centers, Catanians and shrubs. The ability to trigger anything hidden behind a park piece seems to be how big the hit box it is, so a resource center can often be triggered if you zoom out, Catanians are the next easiest, shrubs by far the hardest, regardless of zoom, panning around etc.

• ChopStiRChopStiR Member Posts: 40 ✭✭

Came to add my frustration.

• ElderKoreanElderKorean Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

This is a newly introduced bug, I've only experienced it with the current version 1.27.2

It seems to be clickable if the shrub/resource/settlement is just on the outside of the park, even if it shows a park tile partially underneath it.

• TebiniumTebinium Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

The park layer is at a higher layer than the icon layer. Simple fix guys.

@CATANFiona really hope this bug gets fixed before the exploration weekend if the pattern of past events holds.

• SchnuefuSchnuefu Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭

you need to change the angle of the "camera" then you can interact with them.

• KateskiwKateskiw Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

Any update?

This bug is easily the most annoying one.. I'm not bothered if my dice pings off the board or if i have to keep restarting the game to stop the spinning dice on the games, but not being able to select anything sitting on a park tile is not cool

• BusterBuddy3117BusterBuddy3117 Member Posts: 28 ✭✭

Yes you can change angle and sometimes it works but it is also a pain and used to work fine, it makes you not want to play in parks which is kind of against the point of the game.

• caitie68caitie68 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭

I'm not sure why the park tiles became clickable, we can't access them by clicking on them. I find even once I've walked over a tile and claimed it, the blank space still responds instead of what intended to tap.

I can get the correct thing (the shrub or POI) to respond if I zoom to the over head view. For resource centres I haven't already discovered it then puts me back to normal zoom after very one, at least for ones I've already discovered I can stay in overhead view. Unfortunately it makes everything tiny and hard to see.

• MorkOfOrkMorkOfOrk Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

In the most recent season this seems to be marginally improved but with the bigger radius it is actually worse. More shrubs, resources, and settlements are theoretically in range but even the zooming trick mentioned by caitie68 won't help most of the time if they happen to be on or next to park tiles.

• CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 357 Admin

Hi! This issue may be fixed in the 1.33.2 release. Can anyone confirm if it is still happening when they update the app?

• EarthtoneEarthtone Member Posts: 20 ✭✭

Can confirm that the issue (which was really bad) seems to have been corrected. Buildings I could not engage with yesterday (with repeat tapping) now work first time

• CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 357 Admin

Thanks @Earthtone . I am going to close this bug out, but please comment if anyone is still experiencing the issue.

• ZorblaxZorblax Member Posts: 23 ✭✭

Settlements and resources seem better now. Clicking on shrubs and Catanians is still impossible though.

@Zorblax update to 1.33.2 and itll be better

• ZorblaxZorblax Member Posts: 23 ✭✭

Ha, I see it was fixed by making it so you can't click park tiles. Makes sense, I wonder why they were ever clickable in the first place.

@Zorblax most likely an unintentional/oversighted bug created with the introduction of the garden tiles for personal use that triggered the public park tiles to be Clickable and ddisturbed the other objects

• QueglarQueglar Member Posts: 38 ✭✭

I can confirm this previous park related trauma experienced has been resolved.

I do find it's generally easier to click on anything when fully zoomed out, I'm guessing it's like a rendering distance type thing.