News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Poll: What Season Length Do You Prefer?

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 144 Community Manager, Global
edited March 9 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorers,

We’d love to hear your thoughts on your preferred season length in CATAN – World Explorers. Recently, we had our very first 3 week season, but a majority of our seasons have either been 4 weeks or 2 weeks.  

Please vote in the poll below, and share your thoughts in the comments!

Yours

Dominik and the CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANFiona on

Poll: What Season Length Do You Prefer? 37 votes

2 weeks
5%
theChandiAirjer22 2 votes
3 weeks
45%
ZelebratorGrogyanBATTFAMZinkyZonkKatsudon84WinddaeBusterBuddy3117KathanRavNDanskeNDavejjjjjTahalnyouCachedEloiseJenkinsHedgyGandalfTheWhite 17 votes
4 weeks
27%
Kallagan93KiwiMarinaM42FreezerbearArcheron69ExplorerXSharronSodapopShadoWyfmPsydark 10 votes
Other (please leave comment)
21%
AjanHukkaChopStiRSerendipMykanEchloriWadicalWabbitGolroBaggs 8 votes

Comments

• WindWind Member Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭
    3 weeks

3 weeks seems to be the perfect balance on most cases

....as long as the harvest boost weekend is on again.

• FreezerbearFreezerbear Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    4 weeks

3 weeks is not long enough to fully max out a number of settlements with level 10 buildings and 99 level monuments

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 438 ✭✭✭
    3 weeks

3 weeks is just right

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 95 ✭✭✭
    3 weeks

3 best

some variation of 3 and 4 weeks also very good

4 good

• DanskeNDanskeN Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    3 weeks

Seems to me, that 3 weeks is fine, most settlements nearby is only visited by me, so with a long season, things get trivial.

Also, if settlements needs to be maxed, team up with friends, to help each other :)

• MykanMykan Member Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

Variable. I have found the strategy changes depending on the length of the season. For freshness and variety from season to season I would vary the length as part of the plan to affect strategies. I would however not change it every season as it is good to settle into a length and refine a strategy for a few seasons.

3 or 4 weeks seems good.

• ChopStiRChopStiR Member Posts: 39 ✭✭

I like it mixed up. I would even like to see a 1 week sprint and a 5 week marathon. Sprints could have the bigger radius of reach and marathons could have a smaller area of reach.

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 95 ✭✭✭
    3 weeks

@ChopStiR a 1 week sprint!!!! That's evil lol but sounds like fun.

• BaggsBaggs Member Posts: 22 ✭✭

Variable seasons is critical to varied gameplay = more fun.

For example - if we have a quick 2 weeker - many players are going to go straight into VP buildings, whereas a 4 weeker will result in our focusing on mass resource settlements first. The longer the season - (and the more built up the local settlements) the more I focus on building up my Catanian friendships by trading mass resources.

Different lengths means that players can adjust their gameplay to whatever you put out - which adds an additional layer of strategy (thus fun) to the game!

• WindWind Member Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭
    3 weeks

Like @WadicalWabbit ’s idea but think 4 days off season is too long. Perhaps a 48 hours off season between Tues and Thurs would be good as you gotta factor in different timezones since you want most of the world to start the new season on a Thursday

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 448 ✭✭✭

Why do you want that long off-season? 🙈 What would you be doing during that 48 hours for example? 🤔

• KiwiMarinaKiwiMarina Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    4 weeks

I prefer a 4 week season.

Where i live, I've only just come across some competition from the blue team... 1st time in so long and right when the season is ending. Need more time so I can be mayor of their settlements 😂 but seriously, it's great to finally see someone else playing local to me.

• M42M42 Member Posts: 48 ✭✭✭
    4 weeks

I like the 4 week season. More time to harvest your Tier 3 Resource buildings so you can fill up more Settlements.

I like what @WadicalWabbit said about 4 day cool down. With the Development team to use that time for upgrades and bug fixes.

Maybe we could get a Mini event with just basic tasks to do over this time to keep us busy. Or we could just play our other game (Ingress for me)

• SerendipSerendip Member Posts: 54 ✭✭

Keep mixing it up. That way we don't have to do the same strategy season after season but have to try different things each season to reach our goals.

:-)

• GolroGolro Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same as @WadicalWabbit , with some possible variation on the number of weeks.