Report a Bug

Share issues that you've found in the game

[bug] National scores not scored

GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

App: 1.35

Similar to a previous thread, @CATANEir want this to be escalated due to the changes in the cells.

The national scores are still impacted by the same bug as was introduced in app 1.33, where only scores scored are from the wayspot for the cell, disregarding scores from any other settlements.

Wayspot for scoring is in Wellington, New Zealand

16 votes

Bug: Investigating · Last Updated

We are investigating this issue. Bug #15145

Comments

• GandalfTheWhiteGandalfTheWhite Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

I'm still seeing the previous region

• FreezerbearFreezerbear Member Posts: 28 ✭✭

I’m also in my old region and no points are showing for any faction

• CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 376 Admin

@Archeron69 sometimes there is a slight lag in the score reflecting, did it eventually show up or does the score still seem incorrect?

@Freezerbear @ZigZagWanderer I just granted you both Personal Settlement cards. Can you try moving your Personal Settlement (you can still place it in the same place) using that card? We think this is a bug, and this may the the workaround in order to see scores again.

@Grogyan Can you explain the bug in a bit more detail? Or link to a forum post if there is one? Appreciate it.

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

@CATANFiona original thread

Issue is that ONLY one settlement is used to score the entire cell, assuming that the wayspot became a settlement.

Reports from around the world show that entire countries are not being svire as there is no settlement for scoring.

This same wayspot is used for national chat, so it should be pretty easy to find the issue. I will likely return to full time Ingress, until it is resolved ASAP

• BATTFAMBATTFAM Member Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

Agree, I have more points gained for team yellow than the entire country is showing. So once again another season where scores are broken and it means nothing. This should be number 1 bug, if you cannot have correct scoring then you won’t get players.

• GandalfTheWhiteGandalfTheWhite Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

@CATANFiona moving the personal settlement worked. Should we all get a free one, in that case, maybe?

Moving my personal settlement has not fixed the bug. I still need to zoom out on the map and move out of my local region to see the regional score.

I am not going to move my personal settlement, as all gold is for expanding my inventory

• CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 213 ✭✭✭

@CATANFiona i suspect it has got to do with there being more then one region overlapping. Last season my region was 6k+ for most of the season but the end of season stats showed the one that registered 3k+ pts. On the very last day of the season i could see the overlapping regions and there were 2 boxes with my home region. Like @Tahalnyou mentioned in the thread above, i had 2 types of settlements wood/sheep and ore/grain when there should only be one type in one region (@Tahalnyou had 3 types)

I can see my region score if I zoom out on the map and move the map outside my local region. I will try moving my settlement.

• Archeron69Archeron69 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited March 18

@CATANFiona

I spent 2 hours last night trekking and building up multiple settlements along my usual routes from past Seasons. Came back and checked and not a single dent in regional scores. If there is an increase in VP the next morning, how do I tell if it's from my previous night's activity (after a lag) or if it's from other players' activity?

Also, all of the settlements in my usual play areas (home and office) have now been missing for half a day as part of the big black hole in the central/southern parts of Singapore (see the thread here). No POIs. No Catanians. No Shrubs. Can't play at all today so won't be able to monitor VP activity today.

Post edited by Archeron69 on

Also when there is a lag, its usually for a another player. For example if i added 10pts to my region, i would see it being added almost instantly whereas my friend would see the increase maybe 1/2 to 1hr later. (Before the region changes, season 11 and earlier)

In season 12 and 13, some of the points went into nothingness or into hidden overlap regions like i mentioned above.

Hi - We have deployed a server fix for this issue. It looks like some old regions were still hanging around, as some pointed out. This fix will 1) pull all non-national regions out of the game and 2) transfer the scores from the old regions to the new ones (so you may see a bump in the national score).

Please leave a comment if the scores still look off or if you are still seeing the old regions.

@CATANFiona

Thanks, it looks a lot better now.

Still quite low than expected

Will need other countries to share their current scores to verify

@CATANFiona

The fix seems to have worked somewhat though there are still non-scoring Settlements observed in Singapore. Should these be reported here as and when they are found?

• MystiqueKnotMystiqueKnot Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

@CATANdominik @CATANFiona

The VPs gained in settlements are still not added to regional scoreboard but added to global scoreboard. I’m not sure whether this is the intended logic with the new scoring system. By the way, this is what I experienced in Singapore.

@Archeron69 If you could name a few non-scoring Settlements that would be really helpful. Screenshots work too!

@CATANFiona

We have identified more than 20 Settlements in various locations all around Singapore so far. Alexandra Canal Park Connector, Regency Park, Muscular Horse are just 3 examples. I can send you a longer list and screenshots directly if you want.

edited March 21

@CATANFiona i believe 1hr should be more then enough if it were a lag issue? I added 200+ points to my nearest settlement this afternoon and there is only a 100+ points increase to local points an hour later. This bug is definitely not fixed :(

edit: after 1.5hrs, the increase was 1.2k+ and its impossible to know if my 200+ pts is part of the increase or not.

Post edited by Charmq on
  • TahalnyouTahalnyou Member Posts: 114 ✭✭✭

I haven't played since last night and the region score has dropped 28 points since ... 🙃

Thanks everyone. We are looking into scoring issues in Singapore.

@Charmq @Tahalnyou What National Regions are you in? Wondering if this is isolated to Singapore.

Yes singapore!

Thanks @Charmq We are working to fix this.

@CATANFiona

Any updates on this?

We're 2 weeks into the Season with no news on whether this issue will be resolved.

@Archeron69 Still working on it, thanks for your patience! I understand how important this is to fix, and fix correctly. I can update this thread once I have a better timeline for a fix. Hopefully it's fixed really soon.

Quick update: We have a fix coming in for the season change. I will check back here once the new season starts to check and make sure the fix works!

So it can’t be resolved this Season? That’s disappointing.

Any chance of getting an explanation of what exactly caused this bug?